6. Mr Smith

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

The skeletal remains of four pirates, still clad in buccaneer rags, hang from gallows erected on a rocky promontory. There is a fifth, unoccupied gallow, bearing a sign: PIRATES - YE BE WARNED

The top of a billowing sail passes regally in front of them. On the landward face of the sail, apparently high in the rigging, is a man for whom the term 'swashbuckling rogue' was coined Captain Jack Sparrow.

He gazes keen-eyed at the display as they pass. Raises a tankard in salute. Suddenly, something below catches his attention. He jumps from the rigging and that's when we see that his ship is not an imposing three-master, but just a small fishing dory with a single sail, plowing through the water-- the Jolly Mon. And it leaks. Which is why he has the tankard: to bail.

Jack steps back to the tiller, and using a single sheet to control the sail, and the Jolly Mon comes around the promontory, the whole of Port Royal laid out before him.

The huge British dreadnaught, H.M.S. Dauntless dominates the bay. But Jack's attention is on a different ship: the H.M.S. Interceptor, a small sleek vessel with rail guns and a mortor in the middle of the main deck. It is tied up at the Navy landing, at the base of the cliffs below Fort Charles.

Smoothly and with no wasted movement, Jack hauls down the sail, stows it, guides the dory alongside a dock. The Harbormaster, a long ledger tucked under his arm, is there to catch the line and help Jack tie up.