14. Attempted Murder

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Catalina was the first one to wake up early the next morning. After helping out a little bit on deck, she decided to go up to the birds nest on the top of the ship. She remembered how her father used to sit with her and watch the sunrise outside on their back porch. They were so beautiful. They made you forget all about your problems and troubles in life.

Seeing the sunrise so close and so bright, she felt as though her father was telling her that he was looking out for her. She missed him dearly but she knew he was watching her. Of course she thought he would be slightly disappointed in her growing up to be a killer pirate instead of a nurse but she knew he would be proud of the strong independent woman she turned into.

As everyone starts to wake up, Catalina decides to go down on deck and help Will. She wanted to study him a bit more. After the kiss she knew that she didn't want to steer his mind from his mission of rescuing his beloved... but it had been a while since she had actual legit sexual relations with a man. As much as she was attracted to him... laying with Jack last night had made a few old feelings come to mind.

Will works on deck, coiling a rope-- but he watches Jack and AnaMaria, clearly not happy. Gibbs hobbles up.

"Left-handed ropes are coiled against the sun, or it's bad luck," he twirls a finger, "Anty-clockwise."

Gibbs takes over the task. The ship shifts course again. Will had just enough.

"How do we expect to find an island no one can find-- with a compass that doesn't work?" Will throws up his hands in despair just as Catalina walks over.

She has a questionable look on her face but says nothing. Sitting on a box nearby, she sees Will looking at her so she waves. He waves back then walks closer to her.

Gibbs follows with a frown, "Now, lad, just because it don't point north don't mean it don't work."

Gibbs voice gets lower as he leans in closer to the two, "That compass gives bearings to the Isla de Muerta, wherever it may lay."

"Really? So... what's the story on the pistol?"

Gibbs settles in, happy to have a willing listener.

"I'll tell ye. Now, Jack Sparrow has an honest streak in him,"

Will glances over at Catalina who scoffs and looks away. Anger is in her eyes but her face is calm. Will scrunches his eyebrows wondering what happened between the two.

Gibbs frowns a little as he looks at Catalina but continues, "and that's where the whole problem starts. This was when he was Captain of the Black Pearl—"

"What? He never told me that."

"Ah-- he's learned, then. Plays things more close to the vest. See, Jack was a cartographer, back in Old England. Somehow he came by the money to commission the Pearl. Hired himself a crew, promised each man an equal share."