28. Big Fire

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

3rd Person's POV

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

3rd Person's POV

Two circle cages, made of bones, filled with pirates, hang suspended from a rope across a deep gorge. Leech, in one cage, hollers across to the other.

"Gibbs! We've got a plan!"

Gibbs looks over, dehydrated and banged up, hollers back, "What is it?"

There's a pause.

"Never mind!"

Gibbs shakes his head. He looks down at Will and frowns.

"Ah, Will, you shouldn't have come."

Will holds out Gibbs' flask. He is in the cage with Gibbs, Cotton, Marty, and other crew members. The other cage holds Leech and the rest of the crew.

"Why would he do this to you? If Jack is the Chief..."

Gibbs tries to drink, but his flask is empty.

"Aye, the Pelegostos made Jack their Chief, but he stays Chief for only so long as he acts like a Chief ... which means he cannot do anything they think a Chief ought not to do."

"He's a captive, then-- as much as any of us."

Gibbs shakes his head with a grim look, "Worse, as it turns out."

"The Pelegostos believe that Jack is a God, trapped in human form... they intend to do Jack the honor of releasing him from his fleshy prison."

Will frowns. Cotton helps him understand by biting Gibbs finger.

Gibbs pulls his finger away frowning, "They'll roast and eat him. It's a deeply-held religious belief."

"Where's the rest of the crew?"

"These cages we're in? Wasn't built 'til after we got here."

Will looks-- the cage is made of bones; he pulls his hand away.

"Where is Catalina? It seems as if Jack had a village girl up there with him?"

Gibbs shakes his head, "No no that be Catalina. They took her first believing she was the Goddess but when Jack fought them they knew that the two loved each other. So they figured he was a God and she was the Goddess. After they eat Jack, their belief is to mate with the Goddess then after she has a child, kill her."

𝑃𝑖𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠 𝐿𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑀𝑒 || 𝑷𝑶𝑻𝑪 𝑭𝒂𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें