Truths

"Oh my god, Peter," Sarah ran to him and examined his face. He was all blooded up. His nose oozed blood, his lips were cut up and his eyes were red from crying. Blood had soaked through his abdomen area through his suit. Sarah almost burst into tears.
  "One of his followers got me, Apocalypse's followers," Peter explained. "He attacked me before getting burnt by you."
  "I didn't see his followers, only him. Peter, oh my god," Sarah started crying.
  Peter lifted a weak arm and caressed Sarah's blooded cheek. He smiled a weak smile up at her. "You're still pretty," he moaned quietly.
  "And you need to go to the hospital." Sarah talked to Fury over the walkie and informed him of the incident.

***
  A week later, Peter was able to walk instead of laying in a hospital bed 24/7. The night Sarah brought him, the doctors concluded that he had a broken rib, a broken finger and permanent scars on his arms.
  The day he could walk was the day that Sarah arrived. She walked in dressed in a jean jacket with a plain t-shirt and ripped jean shorts complimented with sandals.
  "Peter!" she exclaimed happily when she spotted him walking in the hall almost perfectly fine.
  "Hey!" He walked up to her and she hugged him. Once they let go, Sarah examined the scars on his arms.
  "Wow, Peter," she said.
  "I know. Hey, I think we should talk, Sarah."
  "About?"
  "When I said you were beautiful before those awful things happened."
  Sarah smiled up at him and ruffled his hair a little, "Can we talk about that when you're home, Peter? Please?"
  "Sure."
  Sarah kissed his forehead before backing away. "What's wrong?" Peter looked troubled.
He shook his head. "I'm okay."
  "Peter, I promise we'll talk."
  He nodded in understanding.