Orange Eyes

Sarah woke up in a cold sweat. More flashes of memories all ending in a bright light. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get them to leave her head.
  Standing up, she grabbed a towel to wipe the sweat off her neck. The alarm clock next to her mattress read 4:15 am. Can't sleep again, she thought to herself.
  A second later, she stood in front of the professor's door knocking lightly on the wood.
He opened it swiftly, revealing him in his pajamas sitting in his wheelchair. His long hair still looked freshly brushed.
  "It's 4:15," the professor whispered.
  "I know," Sarah shrugged with carelessness. "Couldn't sleep."
"Dreams again?"
Sarah nodded, fear imbedding itself into her body.
"You have to distract yourself, X."
She thought for a minute, "Wanna fight?"

Charles grabbed hold of Sarah's arm and began twisting it before she swung her legs, knocking him down.
"You're getting better," he commented while struggling to get up.
"I know," Sarah replied, helping him.
Charles swung his fist but Sarah grabbed it in a quick motion, her hands lighting up with fire. Charles' hand began to burn with a sizzling sound. Sarah let him yank it away.
"Don't control it, embrace it," Charles said sternly in a low voice.
"How?" Sarah questioned him.
"By letting go."
Sarah laughed. "I'm not doing that here. I'll hurt someone."
"And that's what's holding you back! Stop hiding in fear. X, when you arrived and we discovered your power, I knew you were made for more than this."
"I don't even know how I got these powers," Sarah admitted. "Why I'm like this, I have no idea."
Charles just looked at her, then examined the burnt spot on the back of his hand. Streaks of orange split through his skin. "Extraordinary," he whispered.
"What?"
"The pattern of your burns. You have extraordinary powers, X. Use them."
Sarah shook her head. "I can't."
"Why?" Charles asked, challenging her.
"I don't even know who I am!" Sarah yelled, her eyes glowing orange.
Charles sat down in his wheelchair and wheeled over to her, examining her eyes.
"Did you know that your eyes are the color of orange?"