The Academy

The breeze outside the Academy was nice compared to the recycled air in her bedroom. Sarah sat underneath a tree reading Walk Two Moons. Her hair was slowly turning orange from the roots.
  Removing her eyes from her book, she glanced across the river in front of her to spot Charles Xavier, Havoc and a tall brunette boy wearing a white blindfold standing in front of a target that belonged to a bow and arrow. Curious, Sarah watched the three men. The brunette boy took off his white blindfold but kept his eyes squeezed shut. Charles said something to him and before Sarah could comprehend what was happening, two piercing ruby red beams shot from the brunette boy's eyes. He hit the tree that was to the right of Sarah across the river. He left a streak of red through it. With a crack!, the tree split in two and fell opposite ways to the ground.
Wow, Sarah thought to herself.
  Charles and the other two made their way to where Sarah was sitting. Charles smiled at her while Havoc gave a little wave.
"Now, Scott, I know you can't see right now but this is a new member of our school also. We call her X," Charles informed the boy called Scott. "She has powers that--well, her powers are distinct, yet extraordinary." Charles gazed at Sarah and she did the same thing back.
"What are your powers?" Scott questioned Sarah. Sarah tensed up, "Nothing. There not important." She sneered at Charles and he gave her a cold look.                                       
"My office later, X," Charles snapped.  Sarah sighed.
"This school," Charles began, sitting in his wheelchair in his sunlit office while Sarah sat across from him in another chair, "is for people to embrace their powers, not hide from them. Stop running, X, and embrace them. Feel the full length of your power. Set yourself free!"                              
"Professor, I don't even know who I am anymore," Sarah got out of her seat to stand in front of Charles. "I have these memories, flashes, I had a life here. Somewhere on this planet, New York, I think. I don't know, I keep seeing flashes of cities. Professor, you're a sidekick! Help me!"                  
Charles observed her with his blue eyes for a few seconds before lifting his right finger and placing it on his forehead. She felt him. He was in her head. Charles closed his eyes and searched back through her memories.
When he returned to his own mind, he wore a troubled expression.
"Well?" Sarah said.
Charles was quiet for a minute then he spoke the words, "You're name is Sarah Rogers, daughter of Captain Steve Rogers. You did live in New York but Kree invaded and kidnapped you. Mystique found you when she was hunting down the Kree and brought you here. We kept you here to protect you."
The memories came flooding back into Sarah's mind. Her father, her mother, the gain of her full powers, living with Natasha, growing up, the battles, the war, Thanos, Natasha dying, her feelings of loneliness, Tony's death, her father returning to his time, her new missions, and...Peter!
"I have to go back, Charles, bring me back! You lied to me!" Sarah felt like she could scream all day long.                                              
"I did it to protect you," Charles whispered with tears in his eyes. "You belong here, Sarah. I promise you do!"                          
Sarah shook her head. "No," she said in a heartbreaking whisper. With that, she ran to her room and started throwing clothes in her suitcase.
  "Sarah," Charles had drove his wheelchair to Sarah's doorway. "Please don't go. There is so much more that you don't know. Trust me."
  "I can't."
  "But you need to. Come back to my office and I'll explain the truth. Everything."
  Sarah stood up.

***
  "There's someone I want you to meet as soon as possible. He's a nice kid, about two years older than you. You two will get along nicely. I'll arrange him to come here as soon as this afternoon"
  "That's a little fast," Sarah replied.
  "Well, funnily enough, that's his power," Charles laughed. "He has the ability to travel at the speed of light. Some call him Quicksilver."
  "What should I call him?" Sarah asked.
  "Quicksilver, for now.
  "So, what about the Kree invasion. What happened there?" Sarah was curious to know.
  "They drove their space shuttle to New York and began to try and a achieve a new Revolution. Among them was Yon-Rogg. He was the one who kidnapped you. They brought you to their shuttle but Mystique witnessed the whole thing. She immediately climbed on board and fought them. She brought you here two days later."
  "What about Peter?" Sarah asked.
  "He's safe. They're all safe, I promise. The past year has been rough for him, and you're other family members."
  "Who?"
  "Bucky, Sam, the others but mostly Peter."
  "Why didn't you let me go back to them?"
  "You were, are, safer here. There's a war and it's already begun. It started with the Kree but it's getting much worse. Nothing with Thanos but it's the multiverse that was created during the time travel. If you try and fight, you'll lose against what's out there. But if you just learn to let go and embrace your power, you can stop them. That's what I've been trying to teach you, Sarah."
"There's a multiverse?" Charles has Sarah's full attention.
Charles nodded. "Created during the time travel phenomenon."
Sarah was surprised. She didn't think that was possible.
  "That's hard to explain," Charles added. "Go get some rest. Tomorrow, you're meeting Quicksilver then we'll send you home but I'm accompanying you."
  "I'm going home tomorrow?"
  Charles nodded. "Head to bed."