Enoch and Peter

"Whose this?" Enoch pointed to Peter, who still lay on the bed.
  "This is my really close friend, Peter," Sarah motioned her hand to Peter to tell him to get up. He walked over to the door, his hair still being ruffled, and shook hands with Enoch.
  "Peter Parker, nice to meet you."
  "Enoch O'Connor and same to you," Enoch said, putting his charming smile back on again.
Peter nodded.
"Look, Enoch, I'm fine and I didn't steal your key," Sarah lied. "So please just go back downstairs."
Enoch smirked but did as he was told.
Sarah slammed the door and turned to Peter.
"Ummm, who was that?" Peter questioned her.
"Enoch. My ex-boyfriend."
"What is he doing here?"
"He works here, apparently, but I'm so over him now. It was a long time ago and what happened between us is history. I like someone else."
Peter just looked at her and nodded again.
Sarah leaned forward and brushed a hair out of his face. "I promise."
Peter nodded a third time, not quite relying on Sarah's words since he saw these kinds of things happen on television all the time. The ex-boyfriend always won.

***
Two days later, with five encounters with Enoch, Peter wanted to pack and go home with Sarah. Although, he wasn't even sure that she liked him anymore. She stopped giving him kisses, stopped hugging him, brushing his hair, all of that.
She laughed with Enoch a lot making Tom feel very left out, his fear coming true.
On Saturday, Sarah woke up and immediately left the room to go down to the market for fruit. Peter woke up before she left but didn't say anything. They still slept in the same bed but Sarah didn't cuddle up to him anymore. Jealousy coursed through Peter.
He decided to go downstairs and confront Enoch.
"Are you two dating now?" Peter questioned Enoch, looking him straight in the eyes.
"No and we will never. I'm done with her and she's done with me."
"Then why has she been following you around."
"Because she thinks that she isn't good enough for you." Once Enoch said it, he wished he could take it back. "Ummm, I meant—"
  "She thinks that?" Peter's heart broke. Over the last month, he had realized that he loved Sarah, had never fallen for a girl any harder than he had with her.
  Enoch nodded. "I can tell her to get back in here so she can talk to you."
  "No, no it's okay. I can handle this myself." Peter waved at Enoch and trudged back up the stairs.
Not good enough? She was more than enough.
  When Peter reached the room, he sat down on the full size bed and rested his elbow on his knees, holding his face in his hands.
  "I'm back!" Sarah announced to Peter a few minutes later. She stopped short when she noticed Peter sitting cross-legged looking miserable.
  "What's wrong?" Sarah asked him while walking over to him.
  Peter was quite for a second then, "You think that you're not good enough for me?"