Quicksilver

He ran faster than the speed of sound, impressing Sarah even before she could speak a word to him.
"Hey," he ran up to her and held out his hand, supporting a smile on his face. He wore silver goggles on his face. Silver was the color of his hair along with his jacket and leather-looking pants.
"Hi," Sarah smiled at him.
"I heard your dad is Captain America. That's cool," Peter commented. He stood in an awkward position.
"I heard yours is Magneto," Sarah responded, putting her hands on her hips.
Peter nodded.
  "This is awkward," Peter admitted.
  Sarah laughed. "Yeah, it is. Good to know you have a sense of humor."
  "Let's see your power," Peter demanded.
  "No."
  "Why?"
  "Because it's hard to control."
  Peter scoffed. "You control fire. That's pretty cool. I heard you can also manipulate objects. That's cool also."
  "Well, something like that, yeah."
  Peter sighed and sat down on the grass outside the house. "Ever heard of Nirvana, Rolling Stones, Blue Swede's 'Hooked On A Feeling'? 'Mr. Blue Sky' by Electric Light Orchastra?"
  Sarah smiled. "I love them all." She sat down next to Peter.
  "Good, cause I brought all of my cassette players and records for the record machine they have here. They're in my bag that I put in the house but you can listen to them later if you want."
  Sarah nodded. "I'm going back home later. I can't stay here anymore."
  "You belong here. You're a mutant just like us."
  "But I wasn't born with these powers. I got them from a gamma radiation accident. The energy core of a generator exploded during a battle and I was closest to the blast. Nine years later and here we are." Sarah looked up at the fluffy clouds in the sky, breathing in the fresh air.
  "How old were you?" Peter questioned, his full attention on her.
  "Twelve."
  "Wow," Peter whispered. He pulled her into a hug and she accepted it.
  "We've only known each other for five minutes now and I'm already starting to like you," Peter commented.
  Sarah laughed. Actually laughed with happiness. Something she hadn't done in years. Except with Peter Parker. Thinking of him brought back emotions of sadness, loneliness and love.
  The house was full of mutants and humans but she felt all alone.
  "I have to go," she said to Peter.
  "Why?"
  "I need to go home. You can come with me if you want," Sarah suggested.
  Peter sat in thought for a minute. Then he nodded, "Yeah. Yeah, why not?"
  Sarah beamed. "Let's go get the Professor."