Not Good Enough

"You heard about that?" Sarah asked more herself than she did Peter.
"Enoch told me."
Sarah took her eyes off of him.
"You really believe that? That you're not good enough for me? That's why you've been distant."
  Sarah just stared at him without taking her eyes off of his. Hers became glossy. Peters did too.
"Peter, think about it. We are two different people with two different paths in life. Your Spider-Man and I'm just Sarah."
Peter shook his head. "No, you're Captain America's daughter, controller of fire."
"But I want to be better than that," Sarah let a tear fall. "I want to be known for something else not just someone's daughter. I'm tired of fighting yet I'm always there when there is a fight."
Peter sighed and raised his glossed over eyes to her.
"Maybe coming here was a bad idea, Peter," Sarah admitted. "This whole thing."
Peter's heart broke with every word she spoke. A tear fell down his face as he watched Sarah cry. He then grabbed his suitcase, threw his sweatshirt into his bag and stormed out of the room.
A minute later, Fury came in. "What just happened?"
"Peter's leaving," Sarah said wiping her tears.
"Yeah, I heard the fight. I think I'm gonna follow him. He can't be alone."
Sarah nodded.
A few minutes later, Fury left the hotel with his suitcase.
Sarah threw herself on the bed and stared at the wall. She noticed all the cracks in it.
"Hey," a males voiced rant through the room. Sarah looked up and saw Enoch standing outside the door. "It was open so...,"
"Come in," Sarah whispered.
Enoch sat on the bed next to her and rubbed her back. "Anything you want to talk about?"
Sarah shook her head. "I think I better go."

***
Three days later, Sarah was back in her house. Goose strolled right up to her and brushed against her leg. "Hey, buddy," Sarah smiled but soon began to cry. She couldn't believe what she had said to Peter. She hated herself for what she did and wanted to do nothing but apologize to him.
Picking up her phone, she dialed his number. It rang five times then went to voicemail. Damn it.
Thinking through her options, Sarah grabbed her car keys, took Goose in her arms and headed out the door.

She stood in front of May's house. The apartment complex loomed over her like a monster. Here I go, she thought to herself. Knocking on the door, her heart began to race.
A second later, May opened it. "Hi," she smiled.
"Hey, can I see Peter, it's urgent."
"He's been in his room ever since he came back but go ahead and try," May warned while letting her in.
Dread filled Sarah with every step she took to Peter's room. When she reached his door, she knocked lightly.
"Come in," she heard Peter say. Without announcing herself, she opened the door and stepped in.
Peter sat on his bed staring at the wall opposite him. His eyes were red and puffy and there were clothes everywhere. Textbooks were stacked in a corner while his laptop was in another. He rubbed his eyes before looking up at Sarah who stared back at him with tears.
"Hey, May— you're not May," Peter pointed out.
"Peter," Sarah whispered.
He looked sadly up at her. "I thought this whole thing was a mistake."
"I never said that," Sarah defended herself.
"Yes you did."
"No, I said it was a bad idea." Sarah raised her voice a little.
"Same thing!"
Sarah sighed. "Look, Peter, what I said was stupid. That this was a bad idea. But I was telling the truth when I said that I wasn't good for you. Cause I know I'm not, you deserve so much better, Peter. You have MJ, Liz, for God's sake even Wanda. Peter, there's nothing special about me. You deserve to go live your life." Sarah was crying at this point.
Peter watched her for a second, stood up, then walked over to her. He brushed a hair out of her face once in arms reach.
"You want to know why I fell in love with you?" He asked her. "It's not because of who your father is or what you can do, although I do admire that. I fell in love with you because you have the greatest personality a person could ask for. You know how to make someone feel better, you supported me when I thought I couldn't do it. When Tony died, I was more than upset but the one thing that made me feel better was knowing I had great friends and the best one was there by my side. Watching your strawberry blonde hair wave around in the sun as you sat and watched the football game with me, I realized that you are beautiful and amazing. I never want you to ever give up who you are because then you wouldn't be yourself. All I want to do is support you through whatever your going through, Sarah, but I can't do that if you don't let me in. Stop pushing me away. I'm here and I love you." Peter broke at his latter words.
Sarah pulled him in for a hug and he wrapped his arms around her. "You love me?" she whispered curiously.
Peter nodded. "About six months."
Six months! Sarah was astounded by how he kept that in for all that time. Instead of saying anything, she rubbed his back to comfort him.
  As she thought about it, it hit her. She loved him too. She loved the way his hair would get all messed up into cowlicks when he woke up. She loved how loyal he was to her and Tony. She loved the cute expression he made when someone guessed he was Spider-Man. He didn't know it, but she loved the looks of admiration he gave her when she was studying. She loved every little bit of him.
That day she met him at the airport in Germany was an interesting one. When he took off the mask, Sarah observed him and knew he would be a good superhero. No matter what he did, she could see the kind heart he had.
"Peter," Sarah spoke up.
"What?" he asked, still embracing her.
"I love you too."
Peter pulled away still holding onto her shoulders to beam at her. "You do?"
"I always have."
  "Really?"
  "But I never realized it until now," Sarah smiled back, running her hands through his hair.
  Peter pulled her forward and placed his lips on hers. They melted into the kiss right away, making it feel natural. A second later, Peter's bedroom door opened and May walked in.
"Hey, guys..." she smiled when she realized what they were doing. Sarah pulled away from Peter fast.
"Hey," Sarah smiled but before anything else happened, screams came flooding into their ears from outside.
Peter looked outside his window and saw people running from a group of blue-faced people carrying guns walking through the street.
"Peter, suit!" Sarah yelled while Peter dove through his closet looking.
"Found it!" Peter yelled, putting it on. Getting his webs ready, he grabbed Sarah.
"Aunt May, get somewhere safe, please," Peter exclaimed before swinging out the window.