Memories in Pictures

Don't mind the video above. It's not part of the story-ish but I just love James McAvoy as Charles Xavier!

Charles sat in the passengers seat while Havoc drove. Quicksilver and Sarah sat in the back. Sarah had a collection of photos on her lap that she shared with Peter.
"This one is one I found of my dad when he was younger. He tried acting cool by dying his hair but eventually he got so thin that he looked completely different. He wore heels in this picture to make himself look taller."

  "You know, for being Captain America, he's actually a pretty cool guy it sounds like," Peter pointed out

"True. This is my mother with my dad in the back. This image was paid for in color."

  "She's pretty," Peter said

"She's pretty," Peter said. "What about this one? Who's this kid?"
Peter had picked up a picture of Peter Parker standing in school. His wore no smile.

  "That's not really important," Sarah said, feeling tears behind her eyes

"That's not really important," Sarah said, feeling tears behind her eyes. It was nice to see him again. Her heart ached to know what he was doing in that exact moment but she would find out soon.
Once the skyscrapers of NYC came into view, Sarah knew she was home. Queens, New York. The apartment she bought after her dad died was located in Queens. She liked it just as much as Brooklyn.
"You're bringing me to my apartment right?" Sarah questioner Havoc.
He nodded.
"Am I able to walk around by myself?"
Charles looked at Havoc and Havoc looked back, "It's dangerous, Sarah."
"Charles, I can defend myself," Sarah assured him.
"Then how did you get yourself captured?" Havoc asked her.
Sarah became quiet, starting to dislike him. "Well, I have to go see someone," Sarah said after a minute. "Someone I hope still wants to see me."
"You can go there but that's it."
The car was quiet. Peter looked at Sarah. After a minute, Peter whispered to Sarah, "Trust me, I know. They're strict but it's supposed to protect us I guess."
At that moment, Sarah began to appreciate her half-brother. He understood the pain of adults sometimes.
Three minutes later and they reached Sarah's apartment. It still looked the same as it did when she left. The brick looked as washed out as it always did.
"Welcome home," Charles said.
"I'll help you with your bags," Peter said to her, getting out of the car. He met Sarah at the trunk, taking her bag for her. "Not a lot of stuff in here."
"I came with nothing and Jean lent me a lot of clothes. I had to buy everything afterwards."
Peter nodded in understanding.
Once Sarah and Peter stood in front of her door, she unlocked it and stepped inside.
Immediately, Goose came up and pitted against Sarah and Peter.
"Hey, boy," she said.
Sarah then looked around the apartment. Nothing had been touched in a year. A layer of dust covered the floor, tables and couches.
"Wow, it's sad," Sarah whispered. Peter nodded.
"Well, I have to go. Charles, Havoc and I are staying near here in the city to make sure you're safe, so, I'll see you soon, Sarah," Peter informed her.
Sarah smiled. "See you then." She pulled him in for a hug that lasted about fifteen seconds.
After Peter left, Sarah turned to Goose. "Alright, buddy. He's gonna hate me but we're gonna try it. Let's go see Peter."

***
Sarah knocked on Peter Parker's apartment door a few blocks away. A few nervous seconds later, May opened the door.
She still looked the same, long brown hair with blue eyes. She covered her mouth in shock after seeing Sarah.
"Oh my god! You're alive!" May ran to Sarah for a hug.
Sarah barely hugged back. She was mentally exhausted. "Do you know where Peter is?"
"He's down the street at an outdoor science fair. If you run you can catch him."

***
Disobeying Charles rules, Sarah ran out of the apartment building and straight down the street towards a group of student-looking people scattered around what looked like something modeled for science. As Sarah got closer she realized it was a robot that the science fair kids at the local high school had built. Peter was out of high school but Sarah knew he still attended these things.
As Sarah reached the fair, she immediately spotted Ned.
"Hey," she said tiredly, poking him in the back.
He turned around and looked at her in shock, the same way May did. "You're alive!"
"Shhh! Don't tell Peter yet, please."
Ned nodded, still in shock.
Looking around, Sarah spotted Peter leaning against a building with MJ. Sarah's heart melted immediately. Peter's brown hair was ruffled in some places. His eyes were darkened and he carried bags underneath them. His gray shirt complemented his ripped jeans that hung over his ripped converse. Sarah knew Peter well enough to know that he hated having ripped shoes and had to buy new ones if his ripped. This was a new Peter.
  "Go talk to him," Ned spoke up. "Make him feel better."
  Sarah didn't say a word.
  "Are you alright, Sarah? You look different  and your hair is changing colors. Wow. You have changed."
Sarah nodded still looking in Peter's direction.
"Go over and talk to him. Trust me, he misses you."
"He does?"
Ned nodded, "I'm not supposed to tell you this but he's cried almost every night for a year."
Sarah's heart broke even more. She loved him and knew he loved her too.
The dark circles under her blue eyes were growing darker. She hadn't slept well over the past few days even since being told the truth.
After MJ left and Peter was alone, Sarah headed over to him, bracing herself. She almost burst into tears the minute he saw her.
Peter looked up and immediately recognized Sarah. His face lit up with hope. He broke into a condensed smile as she approached him.

 He broke into a condensed smile as she approached him

"S-sarah," he whispered in surprise. Sarah folded her arms and, despite her worn down facial expression, was not afraid to look Peter in the eye.
"Hey," she whispered back reaching for his hand. Peter let her hold it, trying to figure out if what was happening was real.
"I-I they said you were d-de-dead," Peter stammered, still in shock.
"I survived but I got all of my memories wiped from me from getting captured. I got most of them restored though."
  Peter still gazed at her as though he was meeting her for the first time. "Your hair is turning orange."
  "Yeah, I know. It's natural, it happens with-" Sarah stopped explaining because she knew she was a completely different person. She didn't want to scare Peter more than he already was. "Peter, there's a war and it's already begun."
"What?" Peter grew more confused.
"I can't explain well-"
"I can," a voice behind Sarah spoke out. She recognized that voice, considering it was her brother's. He stood with his hands on his hips facing Peter. Peter against Peter.
  "Who are you?" Peter Parker asked Quicksilver.
  "Sarah's new friend, just friend," Quicksilver replied.
  Peter became even more stunned.
  "Peter, I promise I'll explain everything."
  His eyes moved back and forth between Sarah and Quicksilver. "I don't understand."
  "You will-" Quicksilver said before people in the streets started running away from something.
  "What's happening?" Sarah asked Quicksilver.
  Quicksilver ran to see what was causing all the ruckus and ran back again. "The Kree, they're here. They're back with more weapons."
  "SARAH!" Havoc yelled from across the street, beckoning her over.
  Grabbing Peter's hand, she ran over. "Where's Charles?" Sarah questioned him.
  At that moment, Charles came over in his wheelchair, supported a bloody leg. "Those damn Kree's blooded up my leg!"
  Peter just stared at Charles leg. "Who?"
  "I'll explain, Peter," Sarah brought him over behind a tree. "But for right now, you have to listen to everything I tell you, no matter what. Now do what you do, be Spider-Man and help fight this war."
  Sarah pulled him closer until their lips met. To the both of them, a year had been too long. They missed each other like crazy, hence Sarah drawing a tear, caressing his cheek before letting him go. "Be fast."
  "I don't have to be. I have it right here." Peter pressed a button on his watch and his Spider-Man suit enclosed around his body.
  Sarah beamed at him, finally having faith that they could fight the upcoming war.