She's Mine: Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The following Monday, Eliza was late to her 3PM meeting since she was being held up by numerous phone calls. She felt bad that she had to walk in during the middle of the presentation, but hated it more that eyes were on her once again. Her usual spot was taken by a familiar face, but it was that same face brought immediate discomfort. There was an empty chair beside him, but she opted for the one at the end of the table– a seat beside Troy. 

Troy not-so-discreetly opened up his notepad and scribbled a message to Eliza. While she was quietly turning over her folders, she looked off to the side and noticed the largely drawn arrow that was to the small print, "Is everything okay?" 

Troy awkwardly leaned his elbow on the table and quickly glanced at her, and she promptly nodded her head with her eyes still focused on the papers. 

When the meeting had come to an end, Eliza didn't immediately jump to her feet like the majority. Timing was key, now, and Andrew was slowly packing up his belongings, surely matching his pace to hers. 

Suddenly, she was taken aback and looked up to leveled green eyes, when he said, "It's all right." 

Eliza swallowed hard and finally understood why Troy was standing and leaning over the table to block her view. 

"You don't have to do that," she whispered. 

"There's a lot of things we don't have to do, Ms. Kelly," he simply replied. 

"May... may I speak with you in your office, Mr. Daniels?" she asked with heavy bags underneath her eyes. 

He nodded once, and they escaped the watchful eyes of a fervid man. 

"He's going to think something is going on between us. He can report us," Eliza lowly panicked after entering Troy's office. 

He shut the door and sighed, "Of all the people to report about office relationships, him?" 

Troy's question was unquestionable, and Eliza looked down to the ground in shame. 

"Now, what's going on Eliza?" he asked with a smile, and she lifted up her eyes to him again at the sound of her name. "But please, do take a seat wherever you like." 

She opted for the small couch near his desk and plopped back into the firm seating. While Troy was sitting at his desk and arranging his files, Eliza tried to find the words to begin. However, it was hard as she looked over the collection of picture frames near his computer. 

There was Helen and Charlie in a picture– a warm smile on his sister's face while her baby laughed with excitement. Another frame contained a candid shot of an older couple, white-haired, smiling with their cheeks together with lovely eyes that had looked to the camera before the shot was taken. 

"Those are very nice pictures," Eliza muttered without thinking. 

Troy's brows were high, as he peeped, "Ya think so? I took all of them." 

"Really?" she asked with astonishment. 

"Mmm hmm," he smirked. 

"So you weren't lying when came into my office to view the panoramic," Eliza cracked a little grin.

 "No, ma'am," he proudly answered, while lacing his fingers over his desk.