Unafraid

"I swear, I don't know who did it." He cried. 

Another punch landed against his temple, rattling his skull. His consciousness escaped him, further angering Asher.

"Water." He growled as another bucket of freezing water was dumped onto the man. The man sat up with a start, his eyes darting wildly. The mixture of blood and water now flooded the room, though Asher hardly noticed the sting of icy water against his ankle- his only concern was the man slouched before him.

"Now, Pete, I lost something very important to me today, do you know what that is?" Asher asked, venom seemed to be dripping from every word.

"I know someone stole from you, but I swear, they only ever contacted me through notes they gave to my daughter. They told me they would kill her if I didn't do as they said." He sobbed.

"Well it's your lucky day, Pete. They won't be killing your daughter." Asher smiled wickedly. "Bring her to me, now."

"No! Please, Goddess, no! I can get you information! I-I'll get you the money, just please!"

The cell door opened with a creak, revealing a woman appearing to be in her mid-twenties.

"Baby, everything will be okay!" The man cried as tears stained the woman's cheeks. The man beside her nudged her forward.

"You see, at first, I thought she was an innocent bystander in all of this. If you can believe it, I thought about sparing her. But then I thought to myself- how could she be receiving those letters without anybody seeing it happen." Asher smiled as he pulled the gun from his suit jacket. He held the barrel to her temple and pulled the trigger as a scream resonated throughout the entire building. "Then I looked a little into it and realized- she was doing it all for her mate. Of course, she did it because she loved him, though she still betrayed me, so I thought I'd give her a quick death."

"Please, just kill me." The man pleaded, tears streaming down his face.

"Sorry, Pete. You can't get off that easy." Asher then turned to the guard standing behind him. "My guard here is going to give you hell for the next couple of hours to see if that can help jog your memory a bit. Remember: you're going to tell me who exactly did this and how, understood?" Asher laughed as he left the room. He jogged up the stairs, nodding at his guards as he stepped out of the small concrete building. Blood stained his clothes, so he figured it wouldn't matter if they got a bit ripped up. He smiled as his bones began breaking and his wolf emerged. Together, they began running, adrenaline pulsing through their veins.

Something pulled Asher south, towards the town that rested just outside the pack land. He usually did not venture towards town, as the humans utterly disgusted him, though his mind kept yelling at him to go that way. Night had falllen, and with his black fur, it was doubtful anyone would be able to see him. Suddenly, he stopped in front of a small diner. He was confused, though his wolf seemed hell-bent on going into the restaurant. Asher fought against him, settling instead by the side of the building, so he wouldn't have to deal with the humans inside.

Hearing the ding of a bell, he poked his head out to see who had opened the door to the building. The girl walking out was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. She had beautiful brown eyes and long brown hair that was wavy and flowed down to her waist. She seemed sad, and he wanted- no, needed to make her feel better, no matter what.

Mate

He could see the goosebumps rise on her skin as his wolf cried out to her, though she was unable to hear. 

Fuck. I have a human mate.