Unbelievable

The diner was busy that day, with it being a Saturday morning. Aria felt as though she could not catch a breath between taking orders and dishing them out to twice the amount she was accustomed to. Sydney, her coworker, had called in sick mere minutes before her shift, leaving Aria in charge of both of their tables. 

She sighed as she tucked her hair behind her ear and moved on to the next table. She didn't even get a chance to look at him before he spoke.

"Busy day?" The man at the table chuckled.

"You could say that." Aria said, rolling her eyes. When she was finally able to catch a glimpse at him, she was amazed. He was the most attractive man she had ever seen in her life. He had brown hair that she wished she could run her hair through, soft brown eyes, and a five o'clock shadow that defined his perfect jawline in ways she didn't think were possible. She was amazed at his suit which seemed to compliment his beautiful looks perfectly. He smirked as her eyes roamed his face.

"Aria. What a beautiful name." He remarked.

"Thanks." She blushed. "Uh, so what can I get you, sir?" She asked nervously.

"I'll just have a coffee, black."

"Coming right up!" She smiled as she dashed into the kitchen. 

She brought him his coffee within a few minutes, with him finsihing it soon after, though he did not leave. He simply sat and waited, watching as Aria served table after table. After the first half hour, Aria finally found the time to walk over to him.

"Would you like anything else, sir?" She asked.

"No, thank you. Just hoping you'd be able to take a break soon." He smirked.

"And why is that?" Aria asked innocently.

"Well, I was hoping to ask you on a date, though I thought we could get to know one another first." Aria froze. 

He wants to go on a date with me??

Aria was shocked by the idea. She was wearing her typical uniform, (which was covered in coffee stains) her hair was up in a messy bun, and the only makeup she had on was some mascara and a small bit of eyeliner. She wondered how a man such as him could possibly be interested in her.

"I have a boyfriend, sorry." Aria smiled sweetly, noting the anger and surprise he tried to conceal.

"Oh." That was all he said before storming out of the restaurant, throwing a hundred dollar bill on the table as he went.

The crowd had finally died down, leaving only a few customers to view the display.

"Did he just give you a hundred dollars?!" Another waitness, Sadie, called from where she stood a couple tables down.

"Y-Yeah, he did."

AUTHORS NOTE

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! Thank you so much for coming this far! I promise the chapters will be much longer in the future, just trying to establish my characters! Please comment and vote on this chapter!