Unavoidable

At first, Asher laughed at the idea of his mate being with someone else, figuring the Goddess would never punish him in such a way. Though, she was a human, and the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She had such beautiful brown hair that looked so cute tucked up into the bun she sported. Her eyes looked so sweet and her smile was incredibly infectious. The blush that bloomed on her cheeks made him feel so happy, he couldn't help but smile at how adorable she was. He knew that human men would be attracted to her, he could see the way they all stared at his mate and it made him furious. Whoever had caught his mate's attention would be six feet under within the week.

Asher had been pacing back and forth for hours, anger flowing through his veins, powering his every move. He was so enthralled in his own thoughts, he hadn't even noticed Kai walking towards him.

"I have to talk to you. Shift." Asher looked up at him and shook his head.

"I know you're angry about something but my head already hurts so no mind-linking."

Asher scoffed and slowly shifted back. He walked over to the pile where his clothes sat and began slowly getting dressed.

"So what's going on?" Kai asked.

"I found her."

"Found who?"

"My mate."

"No fucking way! I dind't think any rational person would ever want to deal with your hormonal ass." Kai chuckled.

"Don't test my patience, Kai. I'll fucking rip your head off." Asher growled.

"Geez, so she made you extra hormonal? Didn't think it was possible." Kai grinned, earning him a swift blow to the stomach. He doubled over in pain, groaning as he laid on the forest floor.

"She has a boyfriend. And she's a fucking human."

"Human?! How did that happen?" Kai grumbed as he rose back to his feet.

"I don't know, but I need you to find out as much as you can about her."

"Okay, what's her name?"

"Aria. She works over at Olympia's."

"I'll see what I can do."

It had been three days since Asher had first seen Aria, though he was sure to keep an eye on her whenever he found the time. He didn't want anyone else knowing about her out of fear of what could happen to her without her being safe on the pack lands, so the only one who knew anything about her was Kai.

"So I learned a few things about your mate." Kai said as he strolled into Asher's office and plopped down onto the leather couch adjacent to Asher's desk.

"I told you to knock." Asher growled.

"Fine, whatever. Do you want to know or not?"

"Go ahead."

"Well, her name is Aria Green. She's nineteen, just finished high school a little over a year ago. Her parents are divorced, her mom is Grace Holt, father is Stephen Green. She's an only child, and she does not, in fact, have a boyfriend. She's pretty sarcastic, smart, and overall she's well-liked." Kai took a deep breath after expositing so much.

Asher smiled wickedly. "So she lied to me. I guess I'll have to ask her about that."