Liar

Aria was seated across from her father, sharing in a cup of coffee when she spotted him seated contently in the booth behind them. He smirked, causing her to cover her face and shift so that her father's head protected her from his devilish face.

"Honey?"

"Yeah?"

"You seem a bit distracted. You alright?"

"Fine. Just tired I guess." Aria shrugged.

"You seem like you're always tired lately. Maybe you should go see a doctor or something."

"I said I'm fine." Aria gushed, instant regret washing over her. She had no idea what was going on with her, but the past few days she had been more hormonal than ever, though she was still several weeks away from her period.

Behind them, Asher could sense the uneasiness radiating from his mate. It was almost as if... no, it wasn't possible. He had scooted over so that she could see him once again and beckoned for her to come take a seat with him.

"So have you been home yet?" Aria asked her father, trying desperately and failing not to look at the handsome stranger.

"Nope, I was going to go there after this and take  a nap." He laughed.

"My shift is starting soon, maybe you should go nap and I'll stop by after work?"

"Sure, sweetheart." He got up with a groan and kissed Aria on the forehead before walking out the door. He made eye contact with Asher, noticing the devious smile the boy had sent towards his daughter. He stopped for a moment, though another look at the man had sent him scurrying out to his car.

With his speedy exit, Aria rose to her feet and took the seat across from the man.

"Look, I don't know who you think you are but you need to leave me alone. If my boyfriend saw you here he'd-"

"He'd what? Beat me up? I'd rip his fucking head off." He smirked, sending shivers down Aria's spine.

"He could take you down any day." She said as she crossed her arms.

"Yeah, well, why don't you call him and we'll have a little chat." Aria could feel the panic beginning to settle in as she thought of a lie. "You know, you play with your hair a lot when you're nervous." Asher laughed. Aria's stomach started hurting as she glared back at him.

"Well... he..." She panted out. Asher stopped smiling instanty and rushed to her side.

"Aria, are you alright?" He asked desperately.

"Yeah... I'm..." With that, her world faded to black.

Asher paced back and forth in that room for hours, awaiting his mate's. The doctors tried calming him down, though he would growl if they stepped within five feet of him, so they kept their distance. By that point, Asher's entire family knew of his little mate, though he did not allow anyone other than the doctors inside the room.

Aria's eyes fluttered open suddenly, prompting Asher to run to her side and grab her arm.

"W-Where am I?" She grumbled.

"You're in the hospital. You fainted."

"I did? You poisoned me!" She cried as she tried to scoot away from him, though he refused to release her hand from his grip.

"Aria, how could I have poisoned you? I didn't give you anything to eat or drink." Asher sighed.

"You could have bribed Sydney, that girl would do anything for money." Asher rolled his eyes. "Plus, you never even told me your name, classic murderer."

"My name is Asher Blackwood."

"How do I know you aren't lying?"

"I brought you to the hospital, didn't I? Doesn't that mean I can be trusted?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever..." Aria groaned as she rolled over onto her stomach. Asher finally let go of her and stood to his feet.

"But Aria, there is something very important we need to talk about." Aria rolled onto her side, waiting.

"Do you know anything about werewolves?"

"Like Team Jacob? I mean I was into it when I was like thirteen. Why?" Aria asked.

"Aria, I am a werewolf, and I think you are too. We are mates."

"Mates?"

"Yes. When you were born, the Moon Goddess chose me to be your mate. To protect you, love you, and be there for you for the rest of your life."

"Okay, very funny."

"Do I need to prove it to you?" He sighed.

Within moments he was holding her hand and dragging her into the forest that stood just beside the pack hospital.

"You know it's super creepy that you're dragging me alone into the woods. You're sure you aren't a murderer??" Asher sighed but stayed otherwise silent as they walked.

Once they had reached a clearing between all the trees, Asher let go of her hand and began to strip down to his underwear. While impressed by his literal eight-pack, Aria was freaking out.

"Dude! We are not doing that now or ever!" She cried as she turned around. She felt a pair of strong hands grab onto her shoulders and twirl her around.

"Aria I need you to watch this or you'll never believe me." He scolded.

Aria gasped as he turned and began growing in size. The sound of breaking bones filled the air as fur sprouted all over his body. Within moments, he was a huge black wolf. Aria screamed before turning and sprinting back towards the hospital. There was a pain that radiated in her chest as she ran, though she tried to ignore it. It felt as though her body was burning from the inside out, as she slowed down. She stopped to catch her breath, glancing up to see Asher strutting up to her, his staggering height frightening her. There was something about this wolf that seemed so familiar to her. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sudden snapping she heard. She turned to look as Asher, though he stared right back at her, a look of concern overtaking his eyes. He whined and walked towards her slowly. Aria blacked out momentarily, awakening to find herself in a whole other body completely. Grey fur covered her entire body and she could feel the power surging through her. She took a few steps back, bewildered at her current state.

"Believe me now?" Asher's voice boomed through her head as he began making his way towards her.