Sick

"You're quiet tonight."

Aria pushed her plate away and sighed. "I've felt awful all day."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. Maybe you should just go to bed?"

"If that's ok with you? I know we were supposed to hang out tonight."

"No, no, you need to just get some rest and we can talk tomorrow." Aria's dad smiled as she stood up from the table and walked upstairs to her bedroom.

"Miss me?"

Aria came close to screaming but a hand swiftly covered her mouth. She felt tingles when they touched and assumed it could only be Asher.

"You can't sneak up on me like that! What would I have told my dad?"

"I don't know. Not really my problem." He smirked as he leaned back and landed onto Aria's bed.

"Fuck off. If you hadn't helped me out this afternoon I would have shoved you out the window by now." Aria said as she sat down on the bed beside him.

"You shouldn't say something like that to your mate." Asher growled.

"Whatever." Aria paused for a moment. "I need to know how all this works."

"I know. You will need to move into the pack house so we can keep an eye on you and make sure you're safe."

"What?! I am not doing that."

"Why not?"

"Dude, I met you literally less than a week ago."

"With mates, a week feels like an eternity together. We were made to be together, how long will it take for you to understand that?"

"Maybe you just confused me for someone else. I mean, I don't feel anything for you."

Before Aria could say another word she was slung onto her back with Asher pinning down her wrists. He stared into her eyes for a brief moment, his eyes flashing from a chocolate brown to deep black. Aria felt a twinge of fear, but otherwise felt- aroused? Within seconds, Asher's mouth was devouring hers, their lips perfectly moulding together. Aria would be lying if she said it wasn't the greatest feeling she had ever felt. It was like some sort of high, and she was becoming addicted. Without thinking, her fingers wrapped into his hair and he groaned. Aria felt as though it were an out-of-body experience, it was like she had lost control.

Eventually, they both pulled away, panting.

"So you didn't feel anything?" Asher chuckled.

Aria groaned and squirmed away from him. She tucked herself into the other side of the bed and sighed, sleep suddenly overtaking her.

"Shit, I forgot you're still super weak. I promise I won't do that again."

"No, it-it's fine." Aria murmured as she stuffed her face into her pillow.

"No. Not until you're stronger. Tomorrow morning I will take you onto the packlands, that should help you regain some of your strength. Goodnight."

With that, Asher had ducked out her window and began the run back to the pack house. Aria felt a pain in her chest, though she hardly noticed once the world began to slip away.

"Aria. Aria, sweetie, are you okay?" Aria felt someone shaking her shoulder.

She sat up slowly and began rubbing her eyes. She felt so incredibly weak and she was shaking violently. She felt like she could either vomit or pass out within seconds and she was more hot than she had ever felt in her life.

"Aria, talk to me."

"Dad? I-I'm fine." Aria mumbled as she attempted to rise from her bed. Luckily, her father was there to catch her before she hit the ground.

"Something's wrong, I'm calling an ambulance."

"No!" Her father was taken aback by her sudden outburst. "I can call one of my friends, his dad is a doctor, so we could save some money." Aria smiled unconvincingly.

"Fine. Call your friend. But if this guy screws up in any way, it's straight to the hospital."

With shakey hands, Aria grabbed her phone and searched for Asher's number. He had made her put it in yesterday after he halped her turn back, which was annoying at the time, yet helpful now.

"Aria." Asher picked up on the first ring.

"I'm sick. My dad wanted to call an ambulance but I said your dad was a doctor and that you could pick me up." Aria gushed.

"I'm on my way." With that, the call ended.

Aria awoke in another hospital bed. She looked over and saw Asher standing, arms crossed, staring out the window. While she found him incredibly annoying, seeing how much he cared about her made her happy. She moved her hand up to play with her hair and Asher whipped around to face her. Relief washed over his face.

"Aria." He smiled as he rushed over to the chair beside her, took a seat, and grabbed her hand.

"What happened?"

"When I got to your house you were passed out on the floor. You hit your head, but it was nothing major, just a little bump." Aria reached up to her forehead and felt the bump, pain radiating from it at her touch. "I told your dad that my father would know exactly what to do and that you'd call him as soon as you woke up."

"How long have I been out?"

"It's been a little over a day."

"Holy shit. I need to call him."

Asher wordlessly handed her the phone and she scrolled down to find his contact.

"Oh, honey. Thank God you're okay! I was so worried!"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just slept the whole time. Asher and his family have been amazing and told me I can stay until I'm better." Aria was reading the note that Asher had placed in her lap, rolling her eyes at the mention of Asher being amazing.

"Well I want to come see you."

"Dad, please. I don't want to intrude any more on them."

"You should ask just to make sure."

"I'm nineteen, I will survive on my own."

"But honey-"

"Dad, I love you, but I have to go. I'm getting another checkup." Aria cringed at how much she was lying to her dad.

"Most everything you said was true, there's no need to feel guilty." Asher mumbled.

"How'd you-?"

"We're mates, Aria, my senses strengthen when I'm with you so I know what emotions you're having. I don't want you to feel guilty."

"That's kind of sweet but also super weird."

"You'll get used to it." Asher froze. "But, Aria, we need to talk."

Thank you so much for reading guys!! I am having so much fun writing this and I'm so happy you guys have been taking time to read something I wrote! AHHH!! But anyways

Thank you so much for reading guys!! I am having so much fun writing this and I'm so happy you guys have been taking time to read something I wrote! AHHH!! But anyways... please like and comment!!!!