Elsewhere

Aria didn't remember shifting, but once she had she was overjoyed. Feeling the wind fly through her fur made her feel more free than she ever had. She froze once she was in her father's backyard. She could hear him starting the shower and could smell the coffee brewing, amazed at how much stronger her senses had become. 

"Callista? Wanna help me out here?"

Callista remained silent, though Aria did begin to shift back into her human form. Kai had given Aria a small bag the night before that she could carry her clothing in while in wolf form. She quickly pulled the clothing out of the bag and rushed to put it on before the neighbors saw. Once she was dressed, she entered the house through the back door.

She poured herself some coffee and quietly waited, perched at the island on a stool. 

"I thought I heard you come in." He smiled as he grabbed himself a cup of coffee and grabbed a seat beside Aria.

"Yeah, just thought I'd drop in. I feel like it's been forever since I saw you."

"Wait, my daughter really missed me? Miss Independent?"

"Shut up." Aria laughed.

"So how's life been on your own? You talked to your mom at all since you left?"

"It's pretty good. No, I was actually going to head over there next."

"Yeah, we went out for coffee a few days ago."

"Did you?"

"Yeah, there was something we needed to talk about."

"Ooh, sounds serious." Aria joked.

"Aria, this is serious. I need to tell you something. I saw you with Asher Conan and I need you to be honest with me."

"Okay..."

"Have you shifted?"

"How did you-"

"We come from a line of powerful wolves. I thought the line had died after my father, but I guess not."

"You mean you knew about all this?"

"Yes. I only hoped the trait would have ended. Aria, you have many powers which make you the target of many packs."

"W-What are you talking about?"

"We have more relatives who carry the gene living in Washington. Your mother and I have decided it would be best if I sent you there."

"You can't do that!" Aria could feel her blood pumping more radically as she struggled to contain her wolf.

"Xander, please come in here."

A man suddenly appeared who looked eerily like Aria. He had the same brown hair and eyes, small lips, and harsh eyebrows that seemed to trademark her. He smiled warmly.

"Aria, so nice to fianlly meet you

"Aria, so nice to fianlly meet you. I'm Xander." 

"Zander is my sister's son." Aria's father clarified.

"You have a sister?!" Aria cried.

"Yes. We have an entire pack back home. They're very excited to meet you."

"What? I can't leave."

"Why not?" Xander questioned.

"Because my mate is here." 

"Asher... Conan?" Aria's father grew angry.

"Yes, he is my mate and he would be pissed if I left." Aria shrugged her shoulders.

"We do not associate with the Conan pack." Xander growled.

In that moment, Asher burst through the door, his face taken over by anger.

"Makoce." Asher spit out.

"Conan." Xander snorted.

"Aria, come here." Aria took a few steps towards Asher, but was stopped by her father. Asher's growl filled the room.

"No cousin of mine will be with your type."

"My type?" Asher laughed.

The two began circling around, studying one another carefully.

"Well, are you going to make a move, Conan?" Xander smirked.

Before her eyes, the two men formed into their wolves and began attacking one another. The fight became more and more violent, until the pair had made their way outside, crashing through the back window in the process. Aria stood there helpless, suddenly unable to find the power to shift. She tried running after them, though her father quickly grabbed hold of her arm.

"Xander will handle this." Her father warned.

"I don't want him to." Aria growled as she yanked her arm from his grasp. She then began sprinting in the direction of broken limbs and scratch marks. Finally, she found a clearing. One large black wolf stood facing about ten wolves. The ten jumped towards the black wolf. At first, he was holding his own, though he quickly became overpowered. The other wolves bit at him and scratched him until finally another three wolves entered the clearing on the side of the black wolf. They fought until the ten wolves began to move away. Aria wanted to run towards the black wolf, but something was suddenly make her incredibly tired. She yelped as she fell back, but shockingly landed on something soft. The world faded away before her eyes as she tried to focus on the black wolf, who had still not moved from his position on the ground. One wolf nudged at him, while the other two watched the ten wolves walk away.

When Aria awoke, she felt a great pain. Worse than anything she had ever experienced. Her heart ached for Asher, though she could feel that he was no where near her.

"Welcome home." A female voice spoke from beside her. Aria made eye contact with a beautiful woman who looked just like Xander. She had a sweet, melodic voice and wore a gorgeous flowing dress. She smiled so brightly at Aria, it amazed her. It was as though Aria were caught in some sort of trance, and she wasn't sure how she felt.

"My name is Rosaleen, and I am your aunt. I've always wanted to meet you." She smiled.

Holy shit. I'm related to these people?