Chapter 12- The feelings start to unfold

Forest's P.O.V
~ 12 ~
I gulped down a heavy glob of spit stuck in the back of my throat.

What would Vanya say if I did end up kissing her?

I mean I do really like her, like more than a friend. Yeah, she can be rude at times but that is her way of dealing with people she can't understand. Within dealing with me, she also has found a sort of level. She hasn't been lashing out or glaring at me like she used to. Vanya's been blushing a lot and becomes quite shy at times.

Does this mean she likes me too?

I have know idea, but if she does that would be...awesome!

"Well? Forest what do you have to say or do? If you two are really together I want y'all to kiss!" Mirella screeched out like a banshee.

Man I hate her, she is such a hoe.

I turned to Vanya, who was staring wide eyed at me. I leaned forward, stopping with our lips barley touching. She leaned in more and pressed her lips firmly to mine.

It was just a peck on the lips, nothing more nothing less.

I backed away slowly, then turned to face Mirella who had a shocked redden expression. "We ARE dating so you can go back to your seat now." I stated moving my hand in the direction of her seat far away from us.

She scoffed and stormed off to her seat with her lackeys. "I'm sorry" I turned around facing Vanya, leaning in so I could whisper in her ear. I saw her shiver before she closed her eyes breathing in then exhaling out. I guess she was contemplating what to say or do next. "It's fine. It was just us faking, I mean we need to do something if people are going to believe that we're really dating. Right?" She smiles softly like what she was saying wasn't what she actually thought.

She still thinks we're pretending!?

For me, I actually want to be her boyfriend. Vanya has been through so many things in her life, and it was just so sad to see her be so violent towards her ex. "Right!" I chuckled sadly as Vanya hangs her head down.

Why can't she see that I'm falling for her?

The first time I saw her I knew that I'd like her. She seemed really sweet at first sight, so when she talked to me I was taken aback a bit. But as I got to know her more. I learned that she's not the person she set herself up to be. She wasn't even fat as she'd like to believe back then. Now she looks really skinny like she not eating enough. But what she does to her body is non of my business. It's her body so I can't tell her what she needs to do with it.

I just hope she still thinks she worthy of finding love again. I hope she finds it in me, because I'd give her the world.

~ 12 ~
It was lunch time, I was walking towards the lunchroom when I got an idea.

I walked to Vanya's last class to see if she was still in there and thankfully she was. "Hey Vanya you want to get some lunch then head down to the music room?" I asked hoping she'd take the bait. "Yea! Sounds fun." We walked down towards the cafeteria, got in line and grabbed two sandwiches before we headed off towards the music room.

We approached the room and I opened it softly. I walked in the place and strolled along to find the guitar.

Yes, I know how to play and sing. I've never let anyone hear me sing, but Vanya is trustworthy to me, so she gets a pass.

Maybe we could do a duet in the Talent Show if I can get someone to pull some strings.

"Okay, do you have a song request?" Vanya asked seating herself down on the chair by the piano. "No."

"No?"

"Yes! I want to play you a little something." I voiced happily. "You play?" She inquired. "Just guitar. I don't know how to play piano. Plus you're the first person I've let hear me sing, so you should be grateful." I chuckled as Vanya rolled her eyes, blushing slightly.

I grabbed the guitar and tuned it before playing the first note.

(Play Song)

Can't you see that it's just rainin'
Ain't no need to go outside
But baby
You hardly even notice
When I try to show you this
Song is meant to keep you
Doin' what you're supposed to
Wakin' up too early
Maybe we could sleep in
Make you banana pancakes
Pretend like its the weekend now
We could pretend it all the time
Can't you see that it's just rainin'
There ain't no need to go outside
Just maybe
Halaka ukulele mama made a baby
Really don't mind the practice
Cause you're my little lady
Lady lady love me
Cause I love to lay here lazy
We could close the curtains
Pretend like there's no world outside
We could pretend it all the time
And can't you see that it's just rainin'
There ain't no need to go outside
Ain't no need ain't no need
Mmm, mmm, mmm
Can't you see can't you see
Rain all day and I don't mind
But the telephone's singing ringing
It's too early don't pick it up
We don't need to
We got everything we need right here
And everything we need is enough
Just so easy when the whole world fits inside of your arms
Do we really need to pay attention to the alarm
Wake up slow
Mmm wake up slow
But baby
You hardly even notice
When I try to show you this
Song is meant to keep you
From doin' what your supposed to
Wakin' up too early
Maybe we could sleep in
Make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it's the weekend now
We could pretend it all the time
Can't you see that it's just rainin'
There ain't no need to go outside
Ain't no need, ain't no need
Rain all day and I really really really don't mind
Can't you see? Can't you see?
We gotta wake up slow

I stopped and awaited for the applause.

I turned towards Vanya, who had a really shocked expression on her face. "Wow! I didn't know you could sing or play guitar." She said with her shocked expression intact. "I know. I wanted to surprise you and maybe...ask if we could do a duet?"

~ 12 ~
Hey! Sorry this is a day I was still editing this chapter.

Omg!! Thanks so much for 200+ reads!!

I've never had a lot of reads on any of my books so this means so much to me.🤧

Anyway guys I love 💙 y'all so much and bye 👋🏽!