Chapter 13- He's kind of cute

Ahh! I've signed this book up for the Watty's 2019. I'm going to be working super hard on this book to get it finished and make corrections on all of my chapters. Thank you guys so much for making this possible for me.

I might cry 😭...but no really thank you guys so much!

~ 13 ~
I was listening to the song lyrics Forest had choose to sing to me. The soft melodic tone made my heartbeat quicken as I thought of our life outside of this school and all of its judgy people.

What if we were really dating and we didn't have to pretend just to feed my ex's ego. Maybe if I wasn't so messed up in the beginning, just maybe, I could have had him. Could I...still have him?

Probably not, he knows we're only doing this till Alex is satisfied and got his fix of fun for the time being. There is no chance Forest could ever like me.

He said I was a really good friend to him and that's all. But I can't help the feeling, that feeling you get in your stomach when you approach your crush and you think they know what your true feelings are. But inside they're still just clueless.

Maybe I like him, but why, how, and when? When did my feelings for him start to unfold into something more than comfort and human interaction of niceness?

All these unanswered questions don't make up for the fact that I've been pushing him away from the very beginning.

He stops the song leaving me shocked.

I didn't know he could play so well. Like he's really good "Wow! I didn't know you could sing or play the guitar." I'm still shocked as to why he's never played anything for me before. "I know. I wanted to surprise you and maybe ask...if we could do a duet?" He asked, I could hear the nervousness in his voice as it was shaky and unsure. "I would love that Forest. We need to start looking for songs and rehearsing it. Then we'll be ready for the Talent show!" I say feeling giddy, not being able to suppress my emotions and happiness.

I've just been so happy lately, it's a feeling I can't describe.

"Mind if I play something?" The voice I thought would never reach me ever again came through like a pounding drum. It was in my ears making that annoying and irritating feeling making you want to pop your ears.

I hated that sound, I hated where it was coming from, but most of all I hated him. "What are you doing here? I thought you were going to leave us alone after you posted that tweet." I stand up walking towards him with heavy angry strides. "Damn Vanya you are looking cute today." He checks me out, his eyes looking me up and down. "Leave her alone and leave us alone. Why are you even here?" Forest walks in front of me getting in Alex's face. "Oh so you, Forest, still pretending to like her and be her boyfriend while defending her. If I didn't know any better I'd say you actually like her." He states somewhat knowingly.

"Haven't you looked in the mirror lately? If you don't leave us alone I will not hesitate to give you another black eye, Alex" I said with so much disgust it scared me to think I could hate someone that much. He sighed heavily and may I say very sarcastically "Fine, see you later...love" He deeply voiced with sinister intent.

Why can't I just get rid of him!

"Vanya calm down! It's not your fault. Don't ever fault yourself for others dramatic behavior. You are a wonderful person and don't you ever forget that!" Forest said cupping my cheeks in the palms of his hands, staring down at me with so much intensity it brought a tear to my eye. He wiped it away and leaned in almost touching my lips.

Then he moved over to the side and hugged me tightly as if I would float away in to space, never coming back to the oxygen filled planet.

I wanted that kiss to happen, but in the end we're still just friends. I smiled warmly still in Forests arms, just thinking about our lives up until now.

Has he always been this cute? I guess I wouldn't have noticed til now. My mind has matured in many ways and being close with Forest has to probably be the best change ever to happen.

~ 13 ~
I made it back home from school, searching the room for my mother. I scanned every inch of the kitchen and living room.

Coast is clear!

I walked up the stairs gently. Once stepping on the second step it creaked loudly "Vanya get you fatass down here!" My mother screamed from inside the kitchen.

Damn it where was she? I didn't even see her. "Coming!" You bitch...

"What do you want?" I gritted trough my teeth trying not to rip the extension cords out of her god awful weave. "My boyfriend is living with us. That's it you can leave now." She said shooing me away.

I turned around, walked away and up the stairs trying not to cry.

Yes I know it's been almost three years since my dad died, but I can't help but feel like she's cheating on him. If he was here she'd be long gone and I'd be with the person who truly ever cared for my well being. He was everything to me and now I have nothing.

I slowly rise up from my bed with tears nipping at my eyes. I get off the bed walking towards my closet to get my guitar.

I'll play his favorite song.

(Play Song)

Tell me, what does it look like in heaven?
Is it peaceful? Is it free like they say?
Does the sun shine bright forever?
Have your fears and your pain gone away?
'Cause here on earth it feels like
everything good is missing since you left
And here on earth everything's different, there's an emptiness
Oh-oh, I,
I hope you're dancing in the sky
I hope you're singing in the angel's choir
I hope the angels know what they have
I'll bet it's so nice up in heaven since you arrived
So tell me, what do you do up in heaven?
Are your days filled with love and light?
Is there music? Is there art and invention?
Tell me are you happy? Are you more alive?
'Cause here on earth it feels like
everything good is missing since you left
And here on earth everything's different, there's an emptiness
Oh-oh, I,
I hope you're dancing in the sky
And I hope you're singing in the angel's choir
And I hope the angels know what they have
I'll bet it's so nice up in heaven since you arrived
I hope you're dancing in the sky
And I hope you're singing in the angel's choir
And I hope the angels know what they have
I'll bet it's so nice up in heaven since you arrived
Since you arrived

Wet, cold slippery tears rolled down my face at a fast past. My thoughts compiled into one, there was too much at one time and it made my head want to explode.

What would happen if I weren't here from the beginning? Would my mother be happier? I mean she'd still have my dad and wouldn't be so angry and mad all the time.

I just want a way out, from everything.

~ 13 ~
Thanks for reading!

You don't know how much it means to me when you guys read my stories.

I love y'all so much and thank you for your help in getting me into the Watty's 2019! 💙

Also I got a really good friend of mine to help with the typos and editing. She didn't do this recent one but she will be revising them in the future.