Meet At The tablE

Oliver POV

I'm glad to go to Royal Pack, as I can get away from what's been going on within the pack grounds. Just too much going on and I can't really take a break, I don't know how Lucinda does it. Talking about her, she told me all about her convocation and I find it funny that he gave into her. She nearly sent Jupiter with me but I got out with it by saying she would be left with the droopy River. So she quickly dropped it. I don't know what's going on with that boy. If River isn't training then he is eating with the pack and if not that then he is in his room. One or all of us will have to pin him down and get him to talk about why he is so moody sometimes.

I arrived at the border of the pack during the same evening, so that I would be there to question tomorrow. I was met by a pack member who questioned me. I told them that the King was expecting me. The eyes went cloudy to show they were mind linking, to which I'm guessing is the King.

It was my idea to do this. After the phone call that Jupiter was taking. I had thoughts go through me and told Lucinda of the idea of one of us being there. She said to me because well I was the one who last saw her and really the only one who wasn't needed at the pack. She was Alpha, River being moody and Jupiter is learning ropes and is new to what's going on. Well not new but new to getting the information before being told to the pack. After a few, they came round and allowed me through.

His land is like the rest, there is every kind of flower, tree and creature here. He has a palace but rather works within his pack since I'm only going into the packhouse closest to the palace. Shame really, I wanted to see what his palace is like.

Driving up to it, Carlos was waiting on the porch. He looked bored and uninterested in what's around him. I parked, got out and grabbed my stuff for at least a week. I didn't know how long I was here for. Carlos didn't say anything when I was next to him. We each have a little nod of respect but that's it. I got his clear message not to bother him, so I entered the house. It was clean and neat but wasn't expecting anything else. Our pack house is like this but only when we have visitors from other packs. It wasn't busy but I found myself asking a woman where the office is for the Alpha.

I followed the women up to the 3rd floor a few doors down on the right. I knocked on the door and heard a 'come in'. I entered and found his office with files all around him.

If this was Lucinda office, she would flip and kick everyone out until it was back in order. He noticed my presence and I bowed my head and responded immediately. "Beta Oliver, please sit. I'll tell you what to expect." So I did and took a seat in front of him. "We will have breakfast with the members of the pack who live here. We then will drive to her parent's house, which are the relatives who live here. They are not expecting us. Hopefully, it will be straight forward. Has Lucinda given you questions that would need answering."

"Yeah, she did. If what you ask is not in the list then I can ask. I would be able to take notes."

"I'm bringing someone with us. No, it's not Carlos, he has things to do. No, it's someone who works within courts here as a scribe. She also scribes for me when interrogating information in cells. She is very good. You will meet her during breakfast. Anything else?"

"No thank you. Just show where I'm sleeping while I'm here, would be fine. Just want to sleep to make sure my head is in gear." He nodded and the same women who showed me the office came and took me down a level and then the door by the stairs were my temporary room. I arranged everything in draws and let Lucinda know I arrived safely and met with him. I didn't wait for a response and headed to the bathroom to shower before getting into bed.

Morning came round and I was up and ready to meet these parents. I met up with the King and Carlos and the three of us entered the dining hall. The King took the head of the long table with Carlos on his left and me on his right. I gathered breakfast food from the table and chatted to the man beside me, who I found was one of the Gamma's here called Peter. I continued to eat when a scent of orange and mango came into my nose. My eyes followed the sent and on the entrance to the hall was her. I just couldn't describe her, she was that wonderful.

I was brought back to life by Peter, who jabbed me in the side and had a worried look. I turned back to the table and saw Carlos staring at me with anger and the King with amusement and knowing.

This girl walks up to the top of the table where we were sitting. I positioned my eyes back on her as she moved. I wondered if she felt the same way when she walked into the dining hall. She arrived by the King's side. "Beta Oliver, this is who will accompany us this morning and who I was talking about last night. This is Lillian. Lillian, this is Beta Oliver of White Rose. I think you two will get on fine." He gave a wink and stood up. "Come now we must be going." Carlos began to stand with him. "Carlos I don't need you. Please carry on your morning duties."

He lowered back down to his seat, "Yes, Alpha."

With that, I and Lillian followed the King out of the dining hall and out into the pack. We were talking about things while getting into the car. He made sure that I and Lillian were in the back. The sneaky King.

We had a conversation about who we are. I learned that her mother was a scribe like her and her father is head of the courts. She also has an older brother by a year, who is a pack warrior and likes to be on the borders as much as possible. She was two years younger than me. So she is 40. Mates can be found in later life if they have high status because of their work. I can try to make it work. The mate bond won't be like if we met sooner. As our inner wolves have adapted to be alone. I also told her about me that I reminded Gamma even when my family had died. They died not long after the big rouge attack.

With the convocation, we both didn't notice that we had arrived at the house on the far side of the Royal pack. I couldn't tell what way because I got distracted. It was time to hopefully get answers.