The Next Morning

Lucinda POV

I didn't sleep last night. I was thinking throughout the night and it also didn't help that I didn't have him next to me. I was dressed and down in the kitchen before even Grace was supposed to be there. I gave her a heart attack when she saw me sitting in a bar stool. "You ok, Alpha?"

"Grace please, how many times do I tell you to call me Lucinda."

"I'm sorry. How are you dear?" She asks again. A small smile swept across my face.

"To answer your question, I will be." She gave a small smile towards me and got set to work on making breakfast. I just sat there and watched.

I thought of a question I wanted to ask Grace. "Hey Grace, would leaving my position to go with Zaliver to his pack, would sit okay with the pack?" I don't why I'm even asking her this but I have known her all my life. She stopped what she was doing and looked at me.

"Well my dear, We all would be sad to see you go because of what you have done. But we would understand and carry on with our new Alpha, which would be Beta Oliver? If you feel that you want to leave with Alpha King Zaliver to be his mate and Queen then the pack will be okay. Don't worry about it too much."

"Hey, I didn't tell you about me and Zaliver being mates?" I glared at her as nobody really knew about that.

"Oh, please dear. Why else would you want to leave the pack?" I guess that would make sense.

"Good point," I say and get off the barstool and walk out of the kitchen and leave Grave to cook. Before I exited I called back to her, "Send some food up to my office, will you? I'm not going to eat with the pack at breakfast."

"I will don't worry dear." With that, I walked up the stairs and landed on the floor that my office belongs to. I got to my office and sorted out some bits and to make sure my decision is the right one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zaliver POV

I didn't go to Lucinda's room last night because I couldn't stand the thought of sharing the bed with her and to be the last time I would. So I didn't sleep and I'm going to have to get used to it. I guess with time it can get easier or if not I can reject her. The thought of that makes me shiver with disgust. During my sleepless night, I had packed everything that was brought here that I say thanks to Lillian. I was borrowing stuff from Oliver for a bit because I didn't know I was going to be staying for longer than I was.

It was about the time that I headed down to the pack breakfast, which is going to be held in my honour for my departure. So I headed down to the dining room and of course, those pack members who were already there bowed towards me.

I took my seat at the left-hand side of the head of the table and nobody was here yet. Usually, at least River would be here. I must be looking confused because someone came over to me and asked if I was ok. "You may not know what's going on but where is everyone?" I gestured my hands up and down the head table.

"You are correct I don't know. I just bring food out. Would you like me to find out for you?" I just nodded and they left to where the kitchen was.

A few moments later, they returned with a lady following behind. I kinda recognised her from before. She approached me and bowed her head. "Your Majesty, I hear that you are asking about where everyone is. I may have some idea but all that I know is that the Alpha requested her breakfast in her office. When I took it up to her, she had Beta Oliver with his mate, Gamma Jupiter and Delta River. I did ask if I should bring up any more food but she sent me away saying that the boys would be down." That's strange but I must have been important.

"Thank you, Grace. If that's your name?" I tell her.

"Yes, your Majesty. I must return, I can't leave my kitchen unattended otherwise everyone will steal every food we have!" She laughed, bowed and walked away. She seems really easy going and smart. I wonder what Lucinda is planning. I wonder if I should pin Lillian to spill when they arrive.

It must have been 10 or 15 minutes later when the boys and Lillian entered the room. Everyone bowed their heads and continued to eat. They took her seats and their food was brought out to them. Oliver had taken Lucinda's seat. So he sat next to me and Lillian was sitting on his other side. Oliver nudged me that I gave my attention to him. "Hey, I guess you know she isn't coming down. She wanted me to tell you that it's not you but she had important things to sort out that she found out. Don't worry she will send you off with the rest of the pack." He gave a big smile and before I said anything he had his attention back to Lillian.

I finished eating and left to go back to my room. While I was walking towards the door, my hands were wrapped around me. "Boo!" Using the instinct I unwrapped the hands and tuned. Lillian was standing there with a bright smile on her face. "Did I scare you?"

"Umm, no. You need to work on it." She muttered a curse word and followed me into the room. "Anyway what can I do for you, Lillian?" I double-checked everything.

"Can't a friend say goodbye without anyone around or is it a crime? I know I was only a scribe in the courts and stuff like that. I will miss it and also hang around you." I stopped what I was doing and walked towards her to which I pulled her into a hug.

"I guess you were my favourite person in the whole pack. You weren't just my scribe. I guess you were a close friend of mine. I will miss you two but you can just visit whenever you like as your parents are still there."

"I guess so, it's not the end of the world that I'm not seeing you. Hehe." I shook my head and let her go. We chatted for a few moments.

A knock on the door and Oliver stood there with a few packs members behind him. "Your bags will be taken to your car by these people." They gathered by bags and quickly left the room. "Now, I have been informed by Lucinda that before you run off that she would like to make a speech about what you did for the pack."

"Please, Oliver, you don't have to do that. It's no different if it did it for another pack." I shake my head. Lillian gave what's a worried look at Oliver.

"She is not going to change her mind. We have tried but she insists. You know what she's like."

"Okay, lead the way." I ran my hands down my face and pointed to the door. I guess I was not going to be doing without a proper send-off.

Lillian and Oliver walked in front of me and looked like the pack stage with everyone there. On stage, there was Lucinda, River, Jupiter and Michual. When we got onto the stage I noticed there was a book and the pack ceremonial knife.

What's going on?