Harrison

Lucinda POV

When Harrison jumped me, my claws automatically enlarged. I swiped him but missed by an inch. He went on the floor on all fours and shifted. While his bones clicked into a wolf shape, I ran behind a tree, took my own clothes off and shifted into my own wolf.

I came out in my black wolf to his horrible rusty brown colour. We circled each other waiting for either one to make the first move. I never made the first move because it would make me vulnerable. We both growl, show our teeth and give each other the evils. I have heard about Harrison doings and him leading the rogues on that fatal day. How could my ex-friend hurt me like this but then again he did try to kill my family before he became rogue. The other main question is that, how has he convinced someone to betray the pack? I know why Devon but someone else. 

He must have got tired of just circling when he made the first move towards my neck. Before he got too close I moved out of the way and used my teeth to grab hold of one of his back legs. I moved back so he would be on the floor. He was wriggling his leg in my teeth and managed to get free of my hold. He quickly turned and pinned me down. I used my strength to push him off me. This is how it went. Backwards and forwards of getting bitten, scratched or pinned down. We both knew the weakness and how to cover those areas since we both were trained together back in the day. 

What felt like an hour it was about 10 minutes when I felt a strong presence. I would have really wanted to think about it but I didn't want to lose my concentration. I had been injured but nothing that quick healing wouldn't solve, I hoped. The strong presence and a familiar smell seem to move away towards the group of rogues that came with Harrison. How I know this, you can hear more fighting close by. I think it must be Oliver because I don't know where the other 2 were?

I was getting annoyed because he knows my moves and I knew his. He had me pinned down again and I was starting to struggle to get him off me. I was scratching his back legs by using my own since his front are pinning my front legs at the joint. I use my face to snap at him to see if I can get any marks on him that I haven't got him already. My Alpha strength shouldn't be running low, I usually can fight a group of 5 and take them on easy. I will have to ask my doctor about this. He kept trying to get to my neck to snap it but when he does I quickly move it away. It was like I was shaking my head no.

While laying on my back, I couldn't hear the background fight going on. So that was done but then a few moments later, the strong presence was back again. It wasn't long before Harrison's body was released from me. It took me a few seconds to register before getting up. What I saw was a larger black wolf who had pinned down Harrison. I was standing up but then let out a big whimper and flopped back down again. This is not good because an Alpha shouldn't show weakness to another powerful wolf. The weakness was starting to eat me, so all my body could think was to shut down, sleep and heal. And that's what it did. All the light I saw dimmed very rapidly and I was left in darkness within my own mind.

Zaliver POV

I had this Harrison boy under me but I was paying attention to Lucinda. When she went down I wanted to rush to her but I didn't want this boy to escape. Luckily Oliver was near and rushed to her followed by the rogue, who was kept alive for questioning. Using my King power, I forced a mind link with Harrison. "Harrison, I command you to not run away when I let go of you. You will shift immediately". 

His wolf submitted to me easily because when I lifted my paw, he shifted and was handed shots from the rogue who was kept alive. I quickly shifted, put on the shorts that were given to me and wrapped my hands around his upper arms until warriors came by, as I would suspect Oliver would of shouted for them when she went down. While waiting, Harrison had the guts to try to get into my head. "You call yourself a King, ha. It is so simple to save your she-wolves from dying. But why would I say, it's fun."

"Tell me now, Harrison. I need to know!" He chuckled and shook his head.

"Like I said. It is fun this way and it will be our secret till death does us part." He smirks. "Also I really enjoyed my fight with my old friend. Shame you had to ruin it, I could have killed her and became the Alpha of this pack. Ah well, she may still die now or someone to do it next time?" I was about to lose my cool, what did he mean by maybe next time or even why she would die?Before I could ask, help arrived. 

Four warriors took Harrison from me and headed to the pack cells for questioning. Oliver had handed Lucinda off to a warrior and run off to the infirmary. I look at Oliver but he just grabs the rogue and runs towards the packhouse. I ran after them because I wanted to know what they were talking about when I went to interfere with the fight. Running through the woods, linked my warriors who came with Oliver to make sure the fight is over with the rogues and to help clean up. Then I thought about Lucinda, she just tired properly and she had got injured. But the thought of her dying had fear running through me.

When I arrived at the edge of the clearing, I could hear snarls of wolves. I headed to the side of the packhouse. I saw the situation in front of me was that there was a standoff between Oliver and the group of rogues with a hostage.