In Her Hospital Room

Zaliver POV

I allowed Earl to go with a bunch of warriors and the Michual rogue to go back where he is making the cure for this destructive cell. I did tell him if he saw River that he should either bring him back or get us the location for the pack to attack.

Oliver was not happy with this because he is the leader of the pack at the moment and all rogues in the cell are his to control. But he needs to remember that I am his King and I don't need permission to do anything. But sometimes I feel that I'm not a good enough King because I don't act like a King when around this pack. I feel that I know why a certain female Alpha.

I dragged Oliver to see Lucinda because I wanted him to be present when I told the doctor of the cure that Earl is bringing. "I know you are pissed at me Oliver but you must understand. If he knows how to help when anyone one in the whole of the werewolves couldn't come up with, then he is our best shot."

"I still believe that you should have notified me before sending him off. Did Jupiter know about this cure?"

"He was outside the cell, listening in. Of when I told him about the plan." Oliver felt he wasn't going to win this conversation with me at this moment in time. So he changes the subject, for now.

"Do you think she is going to wake up soon? I miss having her around. Even though it hasn't been long, there is a presence that isn't here in the pack."

"I'm sure, Oliver. She is a fighter and she doesn't want to leave her friends and pack behind." Oliver nodded.

"Look we got it handled now. Why don't you go back to your pack? She is going to be fine."

"Look, Oliver, she may be fine now but I told you about what Earl said to me. There is a chance that it is happening to her." I knew my eyes were looking at her in pain. My wolf doesn't like the idea that Lucinda may be dying because this deadly cell is killing her off.

"You are going to trust this rogue, that held my friend and this pack gamma as a hostage!" I rolled my eyes.

"He dies either way. He wanted to be helpful at this moment before his death which he wants anyway. I'm not going back on my word. Also, when are you concerned about me trusting a rogue, you trusted a rouge, Michual." Oliver sighs and doesn't respond straight away. Got him right here and then.

"Why the hell are we here then?"

"What, you don't want to visit your Alpha. Plus I want to speak to the doctor about the cure that the rogue spoke about." Before Oliver responded, my phone went off. I quickly looked at the caller. It was Lillian. "Hello" "Zaliver, is Oliver with you?" "Yes, he is here." "Can I have his number? Your hackers won't let me have his number." "Lillian I will have him send his number to you. Why did you call?" "Ah yes, Carlos hasn't arrived back." "Carlos hasn't returned? I sent him back." "What if he is planning something as he may be the partner of this group?" "Okay, okay. Get people to track and find him. Bye"

I put the phone down before she spoke again. I feel sorry for Oliver for being her mate. She can be chatty. I looked at Oliver who was giving me death eyes. "Why did Lillian speak to you?"

"Well, she wants your number. But to tell me about Carlos. He drove me here and then I sent him back because I needed him to look after my pack. But according to her, he didn't return. I'm worried he is the partner because River was dragged away."

"Okay, give me her number later then. But we're gonna need a plan to find where Carlos has run off to and if finding him finds River." He was right about that. River trains the best warriors out of both packs. So I do consider him a member of my pack.

"I have Lillian to send my best tackers to follow from our pack end. I'm sure that you want to do the same with this pack." I suggest. I know I should just tell him to do it but he needs to make the calls of this pack.

"Good idea, I will mind link Jupiter to set this up. He is doing the paperwork in the office." I see him go to mind link and I walk to Lucinda. I took one of her hands and little shocks sent through my now intertwined hand. I'm really certain that she is my mate. I wonder if she knows this. I guess she does because we both have a reaction of when we both first met. I see Oliver come out of his mind link. "Jupiter is getting our trackers ready and he will send them off. Also that our warriors are being doubled at the borders."

"That is good. I have been thinking when Earl comes back with the cure. I will take him back with me to my pack where it will be disturbed to the packs. But only if it works."

"So you're saying you're staying until this rogue comes back. That's fair enough." Oliver sighs.

A knock came at the door and in walked Dr Lawson and I explained to him what Earl told me about this cell in the body. To say he was shocked is an understatement, he admired this rogue he doesn't even know. I leave out he did follow Harrison cus he doesn't need to know that. Lawson injected something into her to help her feel more comfortable even with her line in already. We don't know if she is in pain. Better safe than sorry.

He soon left because there was nothing he could do until Earl returned. I was back holding her hand and Oliver left to do something, which I have no idea what.

Lucinda's hands were in the middle of being warm and cold. Her steady of her chest rising and falling gave me the chance that she will live. If Earl hurries back with this cure. What he told me has got my wolf on edge. There is a chance that the cell has been eating away without her knowing. Even Earl doesn't know how it may happen because it hasn't happened before.

I remained to hold my hand to her and lowered my head to the bed she was on. I spoke to her, "If you can hear me, I want you to know how many people are being affected without you. You don't realise how important you are, even for me. I don't know if you felt these sparks or that you calm me down. I know I should be telling you this when you're awake. But I'm going to say that I'm scared because I don't know, I just am. Maybe once is all over with, we can talk about this and us. I do care about you, even if I haven't shown it towards you in person. I know my wolf won't let me go but I don't mind. You are not alone, I'm going to be with you until you are yourself again. I may not know you personally. But I do admire how you handle things. Please wake up for me, Oliver, Jupiter, your pack and even River."

I placed a soft kiss on her hand and got myself comfortable on the chair next to the bed. And with her hand in my own, I drifted off to sleep with Lucinda on my mind.