Goodbye White Rose

Lucinda POV

Waiting for Zaliver to arrive at the stage was nerve-racking. I wouldn't do this to send him off but since this was going to be different then this needs to happen.

When I left Grace in the kitchen, I went straight to my office and called my inner circle of what's going to happen with the pack. When I told them what I was doing, they were all pleased with my decision. They were told the plan. Lillian and Oliver were to get Zaliver from his room after breakfast. River to tell the whole pack to meet at the stage after breakfast. While me, Jupiter and Michual got the materials we needed.

I got a mind link from Oliver as they were on their way down. Jupiter got the sense that I was nervous. I felt his hand on top of my shoulder and I turned to look at him. He gave a reassuring smile and said, "You will be fine. You are doing the right thing." So, I gave him one back.

Everyone must sense the strong aura of the king because everyone had their eyes on him. So did I and what I saw was confusion on his face. Lillian and Oliver kinda dragged him over towards the stage. My pack bowed their heads and so did us on the stage. We didn't raise them until he said to raise our heads. He was on the stage and looked at what's with us. I see Oliver and Lillian have taken their spot, so it was down to me now.

I step forward and raise my hand, to which the whole pack had attention on me. "White Rose, I called for this pack meeting after breakfast because there's important news that must be said. For starters, the Alpha King will leave this pack after helping us with the rogues and bring back Delta River."

Clapping and cheering surround the air. I quickly put my hand up for it to stop. "Yes, yes. It was exciting that he is leaving but that is the start of the news. I have been told that while his stay with us has been good, he has told me in confidence that he has found his mate in this very pack." Shock eyes surrounded everyone and whispered amongst who it was. I had a sneak peek at Zaliver, who was shocked at what I had declared.

"I know this has come as a shock and out of the blue. But I wouldn't tell you if it wasn't true. Apart from the mate news, I myself have news that will also tie in with the resolution of the mate situation. I have decided that I will step down as Alpha of White Rose and pass it over to Beta Oliver, who will take over with immediate effect. If there is anyone in the pack who has a problem with this, please speak now!"

I eyed the pack and nobody challenged for the position. "Very good, Beta Oliver please step forward." He did so and I went to pick up the pack book and the ceremonial knife. I went back over to stand in front of Oliver. Jupiter also steps forward to help hold the book in between us. I held the knife in my right hand and held it over my left and said, "I, Alpha Lucinda of White Rose, terminate my power and authority over this pack. I hand all power and authority over to Beta Oliver of White Rose. Does Beta Oliver agree to lead and take care of the pack and lead its greatness?"

"I, Beta Oliver of White Rose, accept the power and authority of becoming White Rose's new Alpha and continue to lead it to greatness." I nod and slice my left hand with the knife and quickly hand it over to Oliver. He does the same but to his right hand. We both clasp our cut hands together like a handshake. When we did, I felt all the power and strong links to the pack disappear and my authority to the pack lesson. When we both felt it was over, we let go and I bowed my head at Oliver in respect of the new Alpha. Then I take the book of Jupiter and hand it to him.

I say to him, "This book is handed down the generations to each Alpha. It has the history of the pack and wise words that one day may come in handy." He took it from me and gave me a quick hug. We pulled away and I gestured to him to address the pack. He stepped to where I was standing and I stood next to Lillian.

"White Rose, I would like to thank Lucinda for what she has done to the pack even after everything has happened. This is an honour to be passed the Alpha power. I will carry on where we are with a few arrangements. I first would Love for all to meet my mate, Lillian, who will be our Luna." Lillian went over to him and they did the same of what I and Oliver did but it was quicker and less painful. She quickly joined me back and gave a side squeeze. "I know Lucinda didn't give a proper introduction to Gamma Jupiter but now he can have a proper introduction and a promotion to be my Beta."

They don't need to use the knife when promoting or giving power to a Beta or lower. That's how easy it was to change my inner circle. With that done, he also announced that Michual was going to be the new Gamma with River staying to be the Delta. "Now that everyone has been accorded to their roles. I like to take this time to announce who the mate of Alpha King Zaliver is or would his highness like to say who it is?" Oliver turned to Zaliver and Zaliver just nodded.

So he went and stood next to Oliver. "My mate is someone who everyone knows and she has the kindest heart and needs the most time to be spoiled rotten. It is the reason why she stepped down as being your Alpha. Since she has decided to come with me. Lucinda, come here." He holds his hand out to me, so I step forward and take it. The pack was up in celebration. Zaliver spun me around and leaned in to kiss me.

In an instance, it went quiet. And I felt lots of eyes on me. We both pulled away from the kiss and saw that everyone had stopped to watch the King and ex-Alpha kiss. Then everyone went back to the celebration mood. Lillian came running over to give both of us a huge hug. I went over to Michual, Jupiter and River to give them a hug and said goodbye and good luck to them.

I had arranged pack members to put all my pack cases into the same car as Zaliver before everything happened. So with that in mind, I asked if we should get going and they agreed. I followed Oliver and Lillian to the cars that waited at the front of the packhouse. Well getting to the cars was a bit tricky because the pack was giving their congratulations and good luck to both of us. But we managed to get to the cars in one piece. Zaliver spoke with Lillian again and I spoke to Oliver one last time. "You will do good, Ollie. If you need advice, I'm only a call away or a short drive away. Don't you dare let the pack fall below second in the ranking or I'm coming back to take over."

"Oh please. Like that will never happen. And you, coming back to be Alpha, you will have to fight me but I don't think that will come to that because you will be busy with your new duties." Oliver says and I sigh. "I will miss you, Lucie. Your a great person to have round"

"Thanks, Ollie. You two." I gave one last hug and stepped towards the car. Zaliver held the door open and I slid onto the seat. He shut the door and went round to the other side and got in. I rolled down the window and waved at everyone who stood there. Zaliver told the driver to go.

Soon everyone was getting smaller. Zaliver rubbed my arm and said, "Ready to start your new life?"

I looked at him and replied, "Yes, I am ready to start my next chapter." We both leaned into a kiss that was full of love and happiness.