chapter nine

𝚜𝚘 𝚒'𝚖 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞

"𝓑ring out the girl Bellamy!" Murphy screamed from outside the tent. Bellamy, Anastasia, Clarke, Finn, and Charlotte were pacing inside the tent. The crowd has been hollering on and off since they arrived in the musty white tent.

Anastasia couldn't look the little girl in the eye, she didn't know how to feel. Anastasia had gone through some many feelings in the span of minutes that she couldn't comprehend. She hated her for killing Wells, but she didn't believed she deserved to die.

"Why,Charlotte?" Bellamy asked desperate turning to the girl.

"I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me" Charlotte replied bluntly, she had this commanded altruism in her voice.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke asked furiously slamming her hands down, on the table, aiming her words at Bellamy.

"She misunderstood me" Bellamy replied turning to the rest of the group before going back to Charlotte, "Charlotte, that's not what i meant" he tried to explain to the little girl.

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy roared again louder, as they could feel the sounds pushing up against the protective canvas of the tent.

"Please don't let them hurt me" Charlotte pleaded looking at the teens standing taller than her. Charlotte began breaking tears, as the she could see the contemplating looks on everyone's face.

Anastasia didn't spare her a glance, she couldn't. It was the only way to stay composed in a situation like this. She had to distance herself from the girl and the situation as a whole. Anastasia sighed briefly as she pushed the tent doors, opening a slit to see outside. She could see Octavia and Jasper hanging outside with all of them, she walked outside. Bellamy could sense the missing presence as he looked over his shoulder, clearing his voice as he continued to plan.

Anastasia walked over to Octavia, as Murphy cheered seeing her walk out of the tent, and to what he thought was his side. Octavia lended a hand of the girl's shoulder as the crowd amped up even further. Bellamy stepped out with his hands up.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to join us" Murphy stated with a winner's voice, as he turned to the crowd.

"Dial it down and back off!" Bellamy shouted confronting Murphy.

"Or what? What are you going to do" Murphy questioned, "hang me?" He finished with the poison sliding off his tongue.

"I was just giving the people what they wanted" Bellamy said explaining himself.

"Yeah, that's a good idea, why don't we do that right now"  Murphy questioned nodding his head, "who here wants to see the real murderer hung up?, all in favor?" Murphy asked raising his hand, as only his followers did so too. The rest of the camp fell into a dead silence, including Anastasia, "i see, it's okay to string me up for nothing, but as soon as this little bitch confesses, you all let her walk? Cowards!" Murphy screamed into the crowd, he then stared at Anastasia, "even you, princess, she kills your best friend and you don't even want to see her dead?" He yelled pointing at her, "All of you are cowards!" He screamed roughly turning his back on the camp.