chapter twenty- four

white

white

All she saw was white, the blinding white that made it hard to see anything else. Everything hurt, from a staggering pain in her head to a numb and sore feeling in her legs and arms. Anastasia struggled to sit up, placing a hand over her eyes shielding her from the bright orbs in the ceiling that stressed her eyes causing dark circles to fill her view. With every movement, a shooting pain hit her arm like a pin poking itself through her skin over and over again. She tried to distract herself from the pain, focusing on the soft and comfortable bed that she was laying on, but even that made her worry. She began questioning where she was,growing frantic. She tried to get out of the bed she was in, she shook trying to get herself to fully sit up. A piercing flooded through her body, she looked to her side to see a needle coming out of her skin from the extreme force she has been using to get up. She groaned in pain using her other hand to reach over and pull the needle the rest of the way out. It was connected to a tube that was pouring liquid into her veins, and the fact that Anastasia felt so weak, meant that it was probably a sedative. She gently stepped the heels of her feet on the tile ground, a shook of cold flowed through her body sending her back up as she latched onto her legs. Anastasia took a deep breath before releasing her feet and jumping off the bed, landing both of her feet onto the floor as the same time. The cold feeling disintegrated quickly, as Anastasia was more focused on the wobbling of her legs as they tried to balance. She gripped the bed tightly holding onto it while her legs adjusted to standing up. Her strength began pouring back into her, thanks to the fact she was no longer sedated and her legs finally stabilized on the tile.

She walked her way over to the door, lifting herself up to watch through the tiny circular window, a room across the hall was empty, it looked like hers, maybe a little smaller but she couldn't tell from the lack of sight. She tipped herself to the side to look down the hallway. Every single room looked the same, but all of them were empty. She felt her stress build, Anastasia took her sore arm banging it against the window.

"Help!" She yelled over the banging, she looked around for someone but she didn't see anyone. That didn't stop her, she continued banging on the window and screaming "Help!" for over 15 minutes.

She realized she made a mistake calling out when she saw two people in blue hazmat suit walk over towards her. Their faces hidden from her, causing her to worry about her fate. The hazmat men stopped in front of her door locking there eyes with hers, before she heard beep
and click
simultaneously before the door cracked open. Anastasia stepped away in fear as the men held the door pushing it open.

"Anastasia Kane, we need you to report back to your bed immediately!" One of the men said in a muffled voice. She stared at them in fear, her mind racing over everything.

"How do you know my name?" She trembled, backing away towards the far wall.

"We're here to help, Anastasia, but we can't do that if you are out of you bed" a more feminine voice replied holding out a hand gesturing kindness to the girl. Maybe on the Ark she would have trusted the women, but she didn't anymore, she couldn't.