chapter thirty- four

The 47 began barricading themselves, collecting weapons and anything they need

The 47 began barricading themselves, collecting weapons and anything they need. Anastasia was finally handed one of the guns that belonged to the guards.

"Jasper, where do you want this?" Miller asked carrying in the base of the bunks.

"Put it here" Jasper responded pointing over to the distances, "no weak spots" he explained as he walked in front closing the door, as Miller set the bunk against it, "We need to make sure they don't get in"

"They won't" Miller replied.

"We took the level, but now we have to hold it!" Jasper shouted so everyone can hear, "They will be coming, and we need to be ready" Jasper began commanding orders, "Ana! I need you to make sure the guns are working and then distribute" he barked as she nodded following him like a solider as she passed out the guns to Monty and Harper.

"None left for me?" Miller questioned walking over to her.

Anastasia reached down picking up a baseball bat that's been mislaid, "You know I think this is actually calling your name" she joked as he took it tightening his grip up it.

"You know I think your right" he nodded with a slight chuckle before he dropped it back on the table, "Ready?" He questioned.

"I guess, we haven't fought like this since the grounder attack" she explained, "and we saw how well that turned out" Anastasia whispered.

"Everything is going to be just fine" Miller sympathized.

"Ana, Miller!" Jasper called out waving them over. Anastasia picked up her gun and walked over to the column that Jasper had placed himself at, "We believe that they will not bring lethal weapons but that doesn't mean we will go any easier on them" he explained.

The elevator door was blasted open causing a loud bang to radiate into the room.

"We are not ready for this" Fox came up to him.

"Yes we are, just follow the plan" Jasper replied, "We'll be okay I promise" he added with a smile as Fox nodded walking off.

Monty strutted over with his screen showing the live feed from the hallways, "No guns" he stated as they became clear, "You were right" he added.

"It's because they can't kill us" Jasper spoke up, "Not like this anyways" he retorted.

"Be careful with that thing" Anastasia remarked to Harper, inferring the gun in her hand, "We're in close, you could hit one of us" she added a Harper nodded.

"Wait a second" Monty chirped in, "Some of them aren't wearing hazmat suits" he remarked looking down at the screen.

"What's it mean?" Miller asked

"It means they're cured" Anastasia replied, "Marrow treatments work" she added.

The guards moved in as they banged into the doors, before opening them up. Red smoke entered the room, as Jasper quickly informed the others to follow the plan. They picked up the smoke bombs placing them in the buckets of water that Harper brought, while the rest faked unconscious. The guards destroyed the barricade and rushed into the room where they found all of them unconscious.