chapter fifteen

"𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢"

Anastasia sat in silence as she combed through the journals and notes again let by the minimal survivors that tried to live in this depot. Most of them were written poorly, chicken scratch that she couldn't read. The words soon blurred moving around the page as the glided along like drops of water.

"Anastasia" she heard echo though the halls coming from where Bellamy left the depot. She popped her head out looking out not seeing anybody.

"Bellamy?" She questioned standing up from the chair she sat before walking out, there was no reply. The voice didn't sound like Bellamy's, it was sweet, like a lullaby. She swiftly move the red fabric opening up the exit hallway expecting to see somebody but it was completely empty, "hello" she questioned, suddenly feeling a sharp pain sent through her head. She screamed out in pain clutching her head throwing it to the ground, she felt a light touch on her back as the pain elevated from her. She looked up to see a familiar face that she had missed and a familiar place that she hasn't seen in weeks, "mom?" Anastasia questioned pulling the women into a hug. She looked around her as she stood in her mother's old crafting room that stood in its former condition before her dad transformed it. The grey and blue thread spread across a simple table.

"Anastasia, oh my god" her mother uttered clutching onto her head pulling her in close before letting go, grabbing onto her shoulders, "you grew up so beautiful" her mother said looking at her brushing through her hair, as there blue eyes molded together as they look at each other in love. Both with the princess way about them that commanded respect, especially as her mother was dressed in her Sunday best, glowing in her dress. There was a darkness about Anastasia that separated her from her mother, her hair darken by the dirt she's been throw into without a shower, and her skin slowly becoming darker as the sun baked her skin everyday. Anastasia's clothes were ripped to pieces without a clean spot present, "what has happened to you Anastasia?" Her mother questioned looking at her clothing and overall presence.

"Mom, I miss you" Anastasia said avoiding the question wrapping her in another hug as a tear feel from her eyes.

"I missed you too" her mom said sitting Anastasia down in one of the chairs. Anastasia finally looked around, questioning how she got back to the Ark, how her mother was alive until it hit her.

"You're not real, are you?" She said looking at her mother, in the way she always imagined her falling asleep after she died.

"I'm sorry sweetie" her mother replied laying a hand on hers.

"Why you?" She questioned as her eyes filled with tears as she could feel her mothers touch, but knowing it wasn't real killed her.

"That's only something you can answer" Her mother replied as the fabric of the old ark floated away, along with her mother.