chapter twenty- seven

Clarke was on a mission as soon as she was issued out of the quarantine, with Anastasia and Jasper who were also on separate missions

Clarke was on a mission as soon as she was issued out of the quarantine, with Anastasia and Jasper who were also on separate missions. Anastasia was curious but she knew she had to handle whatever Clarke was planning, while Jasper went off somewhere, probably distracted by his breakfast plans with Maya.

"Clarke, slow down" Anastasia begged as Clarke pushed past the hoard of people in the community area. Where the arrangement of breakfast laid, as the president stood in line, Clarke stopping in front of him causing Anastasia to move to the side, as the President's attention was brought to both of the girls.

"We need to talk" Clarke said firming placing her hand on the table in front of her. President Wallace diverted his eyes to both of the girls, let out a quick smile.

"Sure" he let out, "Let's talk over breakfast" he grabbed his plate off of the table pointing over to the absent tables on the side.

"Who shot that soldier" Clarke bluntly asked with a stern look across her face. Getting attention from everyone in the room not just President Wallace.

"Clarke" Anastasia protested her rude tone. President Wallace scanned the crowd before grabbing Clarke's arm dragging her over bumping Anastasia along to a corner.

"The patrol that was looking for you people was attacked by what you call grounders" he whispered lowly.

"I fought grounders" Clarke stated still with the sternness in her voice folding her arms over each other, "they don't use guns" she added

"I never mentioned guns" Wallace replied matter of factly, "Sergeant Shaw was shot by an arrow" he replied

"That's not true" Clarke protested, "I saw the wound, Anastasia saw the wound, tell him" she pointed over to Anastasia towards the president.

"Clarke" President Wallace let out, "Sometimes, we feel so strongly about our people we see things that aren't there" he said comforting.

"Anastasia, tell him!" Clarke commanded ignoring the president's remarks.

"We'd like to see the body" Anastasia politely replied looking over to Clarke and then the president.

"Of course" President Wallace replied setting down his plate on a standing table, walking back over to the girls that watch his movements, "Come with me" he added moving through the breakfast crowd leading Anastasia and Clarke along with him. They navigated through the empty halls, pushing through heading in the direction the girls just came from. President Wallace stayed at the door neglecting to put on the intensive outfit before pulling out his key card, sliding it over the scanner. Instead of the empty hallway in the quarantine room, guards stood at a post near the opening door, holding guns close to their heart, undressed from their hazmat suit staring forward.

President Wallace walked in first bringing the guards more to attention. Anastasia and Clarke followed, as the doors closed behind them. A doctor approached them, nodding the the President with a file placed in her hand.