chapter twenty-two

"Hey, we heard an explosion" was the first thing that came out of Clarke's lips, "What happened?" She asked looking around

"Murphy happened" Bellamy replied bitterly

"Thank god! Where have you been?" Jasper asked, "Where's Monty?" He questioned not seeing him in the duo that just arrived.

"Monty's gone?" Clarke answered worried.

"Clarke, we need to leave, now" Finn stated, turning towards Clarke before looking to the rest of the camp, "All of us do, there's an army of grounders, unlike anything we've ever seen, coming for us right now, we need to pack what we can and run" Finn exclaimed with Clarke nodding her head along.

"Like hell we do!" Bellamy opposed, "We knew this was coming"

"Bell, we're not prepared" Octavia shot back

"And they aren't here yet, we still have time to get ready" Bellamy replied, "besides, where would we go?" He questioned Finn, "Where would we be safer than behind these walls?"

"There's an ocean to the east" Finn answered, "People there will help us"

"You saw Lincoln" Octavia asked Finn

"Yeah" he replied to her,

"You expect us to trust a grounder" Bellamy questioned, "This is our home now!" He shouted, "We built this from nothing with our bare hands! Our dead are buried behind that wall in this ground! Our ground!" Bellamy shouted pointing the ground, "The grounders think they can take that away" He stated in disbelief, "They think that because we came from the sky, we don't belong here, but they're yet to realize one very important fact" he responded, "We are on the ground now and that means we are grounders!" He shouted with enthusiasm getting the rest of the crowd to cheer.

"Grounders with guns!" A kid shouted back.

"Damn right!" Bellamy responded, " i say let them come"

Bellamy's right" Clarke spoke up, "If we leave, we may never find a place as safe as this" she stated speaking to the riled up crowd, "And God knows, in this world, we could be faced with something even worse tomorrow" Clarke explained with a worried expression, "but that doesn't change the simple fact that if we stay here, we will die tonight" Clarke finally revealed her true point of view on the subject, leading Bellamy to feel betrayed, "So pack your things, just take what you can carry, now"

Everyone started to disperse, taking piles of things along with them, the very personal items they collect along with multiple blankets. Anastasia looked at the chaos of kids bumping into each other as they were more focused on the stuff in their hands, along with the mass fight breaking out over items that laid around the camp.