chapter eighteen

𝙸'𝚖 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑

Anastasia forced Bellamy to let her go along with the others as they headed to check out the crash sight of the Exodus ship. For some reason she felt compelled to go, she had to know what happened. They all left a little after dawn, trekking through the forest towards where the ship drop out of the sky into a crash. They made to the crash by midday, Anastasia stood in shock as she saw the ground burned beneath, as the remains of the burning ship spread across the tarnish ground.

She walked down the hill following Bellamy as she looked along the ground seeing charred bodies laid around, burnt beyond recognition. Anastasia stood speechless as she knelt down to the bones, her chest weighing on her, as she looked around the rest of the scorched land. Her breath hitched as she scanned the area.

"What could have gone wrong?" She whispered to herself hovering over the black bones, as the sun beat down.

"Stay sharp" Bellamy urged as he walked around the sight staying near Anastasia, watching over her, "Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when"

"Can you blame them?" Finn retorted rudely as him and Raven rummaged through the remains of the Exodus ship.

"No, I blame you" Bellamy replied keeping his gun tucked up his arm.

"Maybe if you didn't bring guns" Finn snapped back at him

"If we didn't bring guns, we all would've been killed!" Raven bite at Finn, defending Bellamy.

"Why they're coming doesn't matter anymore" Bellamy stated, "It's our job to be ready when they do, we're on our own now" He said scanning the crash yard. Anastasia took a deep breath standing up looking away towards something else than the bones.

"Clarke!" Anastasia turned her head over as Raven screamed, "Stop!" She added running towards Clarke, as Clarke slowly back away from one of the rockets that carried the ship. Anastasia watched as Raven examined the the rocket she couldn't see what they were looking at.

"Fire in the hole!" Raven shouted as she chucked a rock, instantly where she threw it, an explosion erupted causing a ball of fire to float up, Anastasia was take back as she felt the heat on her face, "We need to clear this area" she said as Bellamy nodded in agreement.

"Okay then" Bellamy breath out, "We move in formation, no straggling, weapons hot" he explain looking at at the others behind him, the began to come down, as did Clark and Raven, "We got to get back before dark" the group got into a line and continued back to the camp keeping a slow pace as the kept careful watch on the surroundings as they made their way. The day suddenly turned into dark and that's when Anastasia began to realize the areas near the camp. Soon they could see the light from the burning posts along the opening of the camp.