Short introduction

Author's note:
As this was written years ago, I ask you not to look at the writing nor the mistakes in the upcoming chapters. This is one of my first works in English, so it isn't well-written at all.

-

I open my eyes, my vision still blurry. There's a rather weird scent in the air and I wonder if it's actually me that's going crazy. I look around when everything is a little more clear and I see my mother and father laying there. Blood splattered all over their bodies.

"Mom? Dad?" I yell, using all the power that I still have left to try and come out of the car. When I manage to get out of it, I take a closer look at my parents. They're still laying there, out of the car, but they aren't breathing. My legs don't have the strength to keep my body up so I decide to sit down. When I look down at myself, I notice many deep cuts in both my legs and my arms everywhere, even my shorts have been teared apart and reveal even cuts on my thigh. It's a horrible sight, and I don't think twice about it and squeeze my eyes shut. By now it is my breathing takes all the strength I have left.

My eyes open again when the sound of footsteps catches my attention. I open my mouth and try to scream for help but no sound comes out. I can't even scream for help. A tall man comes into my sight, and I look up at him. The man's rugged face, or his waves of blond hair aren't the reason that I want to disappear in thin air and be wherever my parents are right now, no, it's his eyes that are right upon me with a devilish twinkle in them that causes my breathing to quicken.

In a quick movement he's right into front of me, looking at my face, as if taking in every detail. Then, in a blink of an eye, his hands are around my throat. I want to scream but I can't. I couldn't do so just a minute ago so I most certainly won't be able to do so now as I'm desperately gasping for air. The man's grip on me doesn't lessen even a little bit, and his dark brown eyes are right upon mine.

Ready to get over with it, he even squeezes harder, causing me to do everything in my power to get the air in my lungs that they so desperately need right now. But it doesn't work. No air is filling my lungs. My eyes close, not because I want them to but because my body doesn't listen to its owner anymore. It's tired and dying.

Just when I've finally accepted everything to happen, an abominable sound fills my ears. Something cutting through flesh. A sound that I just know will haunt me for a very long time.

I'm afraid to do so, but I open my eyes when the hands free my throat. My lips part when I feel the man that was just attempting to squeeze the life out of me falling on me. His rather heavy body lays on my shaking legs just as lifeless as my parents' bodies.

Before I can do anything to throw the heavy and very much dead body of me, my body decides it's too tired or too pained to continue to do as I wish. My eyes fall shut once again and this time I don't fight back. I don't have the energy to, and I don't even want to know what has happened so close to me.

Still, I have a feeling that I will find out soon enough.