Chapter 42 / the end

I never wanted to fall in love. Probably because of the many fights between my parents. I never wanted to feel such pressure upon my shoulders. But now that I look back, the only pressure that I felt was the need to find Five again. It was the need to feel his lips on mine again.

My hands are shaking and I try to keep my eyes upon them instead of Five's house in front of me. I'm still doubting whether I should knock or not. I'd love to see who Flore is. Not to loathe her but to know that Five is happy.

The two sounded happy when I called Five so I shouldn't be doubting. Still, I need to see it in front of my own eyes even if it's going to make the ache in my heart worse.

After Hazel and Phill stopped me from ending my life in that bath, Hazel collected a briefcase for me while I dressed myself in warm and dry clothes.

Then I thanked the kind men and time traveled to this very time and house. Five and Flore's house.

The door opens, causing me to panic. I go up to a tree and stand behind it, not wanting to be recognized if it is five.

I allow myself to turn my face a little so I can at least see who it is. My eyes immediately soften when I recognize the figure closing the door behind him.

A smile is upon Five's face, making sure his dimples are very visible.

When he walks up to the street, I force myself to fully hide behind the tree again. I can't be seen by him. It's handy and good that he left the house so I can talk with his girlfriend.

After several minutes of waiting and more doubting, I finally gather the courage to stop hiding behind the tree and I walk up the door that Five closed just five minutes ago.

It doesn't take long until the door opens after I knocked. A young woman welcomes me with a kind smile.

"Hello?" she says but more in a questioning tone.

"Hi." I say, looking at the gorgeous Flore in front of me. her hair is dark blond and her blue eyes are bright. "Could I come in?" I ask her.

"Of course." She answers and a small frown appears on her forehead but her smile doesn't fade a single bit.

Flore opens the door and leads me inside. Inside, their house looks warm and comfortable.

"Who are you and why are you here?" she asks, still in an incredible kind tone.

"I'm an old friend of your boyfriend's family." I tell her, looking down at the ground.

She tells me to sit down on the sofa and I do.

"How did you know Five?" She asks, sounding interested.

How did I know him?

"We were friends." I tell the kind woman.

"I suppose you were here to talk to him? He just left to get supplies and I don't know when he'll be back. I'm very sorry." She apologizes, which she really didn't have to do.

"I will come back another time then." I stand up and thank Flore for our very short talk.

When I'm about to leave the living room, she stops me. "Wait.. You can tell me your name so I can tell Five that you've been here." She offers, causing me to smile.

He really deserves her. Flore is so kind and generous. I can see them growing old, having kids and spending their old days together.

My eyes widen a little when I realize that Flore really is waiting for me to give her my name. I can't tell her my true name. I won't come back.