Chapter 1

"Where the hell am I?" I yell in complete shock. The pine green walls are the first thing I lay my eyes on. This isn't my room, no doubt, since my walls are white. I look around, trying to take everything in. This room looks old and the furniture, such as the old seat in front of me, has a layer of dust on it. 

I try to sharpen my thoughts and think back of what has happened. Painful memories are remembered, and I force myself to look through them. The very last memory I have is the man's lifeless body falling onto me. Nothing more.

What am I doing here? Did someone take me? Did the car crash really happen? Many questions are going through my mind, but when my eyes fall upon my legs, I can see that it wasn't some terrible nightmare. Someone cleaned the deep cuts. The crash did happen. My parents did die. It doesn't take long until my cheeks are wet and many tears are streaming down my cheeks.

I attempt to wipe my cheeks dry, but just now my idiot self notices that I've been tied to the bed. My lips part slightly, and this time not to sob but to take a deep breath. I'd scream, but too many terrifying outcomes stop me. I'm locked up in a strangers house and I'm fucking tied up.

My breathing quickens when I start to look around the room once again, wanting to find something to get my hands out of this strongly tied up rope. The pen that's laying a few steps away from me won't help. The glass of water that's on the bedside table perhaps, but it's out of my reach, even if I stretch my legs.

A cracking door makes me eyes widen. My head immediately jerks towards the door, and I realise that it's opening. I freeze, scared that's it indeed the person who killed the other man. I'm even more confused when a boy, around my age, walks into the room. I'd say that he's most handsome if his facial expressions weren't so serious and frightening.

"You've woken up," he coldly remarks. I don't say anything. I don't think I could even if I wanted to. After what I suppose was around 30 seconds, I do part my lips.

"Wh-why did you take me?" I struggle in the start but I succeed in finishing my question properly. The boy's eyes are right on me and haven't left me for a second. Not wanting to show him that I'm actually frightened, I look right back at him. Still, he probably heard the fear in my voice.

"I needed to for my mission," he answers, making me shiver. His voice is something else. It's making me want to disappear in thin air because of the seriousness. While I try to think what he meant with his mission, his eyes fall upon to my legs-my wounds to be exact. Not liking him scanning my legs that clear, even if it's my wounds, I decide to ask the question that has been on my mind ever since I've woken up here.

"Did my parents die?" The words still sound mad and I don't want to speak them together every again. Even though my eyes are still puffy from crying just a few minutes ago, my eyes water once again. Not wanting to cry in front of this boy, I force the tears to go away. To disappear. But the broken feeling doesn't.

"You were the only one alive there," he says simply, now finally looking around the room. But he's lying.

"There was a man," I remark, and the boy's head turns to me again. "Was it you who murdered him?" He's eyes narrow at me after asking it.

"I saved you." He rolls his eyes at me, giving me the feeling like he doesn't care what he has done last time I was conscious. "Do you also remember that he was attempting to murder you?"

Of course I remember that. I remember his hands around my throat very well. Without realising it, I lay my hand on the place where the man had tried to squeeze every breath out of me.

"What about my parents?" I ask him and another eyeroll of him doesn't go unnoticed by me. "You could've called an ambulance. You could have saved them!" I know that what I've said couldn't be done. There was nothing that a living person could do to help them. I don't know what caused their death, it could've been the hit itself or their wounds that were fatal, but there was nothing that could be done.