Chapter 11

I push my nails into my skin when the silence grows and grows. It doesn't stop. My eyes stay on my feed, and I continue to wait patiently until Mike decides to speak up again. It can't be me who speaks up. I'm not able to. Mike expects me to, though. His silence is his demand that I tell him what he has been missing. I can't.

How would he react if I told him that I'm confused? How would he react that I actually planned to stay with Five?

He'd look at me once, and then he'd throw me out. Well, I can't see Mike doing so, but know he'll think I'm crazy-I am. . .I think.

The silence grows, grows, and grows. I hate it.

I squeeze my eyes shut, so that there's only the darkness. I hear the cracking sounds outside, too. It feels like my personal horror story. A very, very thin falls onto my lips when I realize that the murderer-just like in the movies-can barge in at any time.

Mike opens his mout, attempts to say something, but no sound leaves his lips.

That is why I force my eyes to open again. I face Mike and notice that his eyes are right on me. He's struggling-I can see that. I don't want him to struggle. He's been my best friend since we were just young children. Look at us now. Look at the situation we're in now. He's always been my best friend.

"I'm truly sorry that I can't tell you everything, Mike," I say as my eyes stay on him and take in his reaction. "I want to. You have to believe me, Mike. I want to."

"Then tell me," he whispers in a shaking voice. "Tell me, y/n."

"I can't," I repeat. "my head is full of questions. I'm not sure of anything. I need to find the answers first."

A weak nod sounds. I can't tell Mike. I've already told him too much. Five might already kill him for that, let alone if he knew more. I'll do everything to keep my best friend safe. Five can't have another reason to be angry with him. I'd say none, but Mike already pissed him off. No more mistakes.

I need to be alone when Five comes. Mike can't be anywhere near. I need to leave.

"I'm going," I state, standing up already. Sure of what I'm doing, I head towards the door.

"You can't do that," Mike begins to protest, but he stops when I turn around to look right into his eyes. My eyes narrow, and I notice his figure crimping. "You'll be in danger." The last words come out in a broken whisper. I'm hurting him.

"I can't risk you," I tell him. "I can't risk you, Mike. That is why I'm leaving. I need my best friend alive. I've already lost so much. . .I can't lose you, too."

"I'd try to stop you but I already know that it won't work." Mike stands up and leans in for a hug.

I feel myself tearing up once again and this time I won't try to stop it. I don't even think that I am able to. "Thank you. . for everything."

"Be safe y/n."

✧✧✧

As I'm walking deeper into the forest, the less I hear. The only thing I hear are my footsteps. It's calming. My thoughts go to the boy, who flied in the air.

How would he be? Was it me? Do I have powers just like Five? Is that why the handler wanted Five to keep my safe? Would he know about my powers? The more I think about it, the more it confuses me.

What a nonsense. If I had powers, I would know.

After a while,I feel that my legs can't go on anymore. What would I want? I can't expect my legs to actually walk miles while I've been locked up in a room for such a long time?

Guess I'll have to train my body again. Well enough time here, and place. I've got the whole forest for myself !

I start thinking about five.

What if he hurts Mike when he doesn't find me? That is a possibility too..  I better go back, I want five to find me. I missed him too much and I don't want him to hurt Mike.

So I guess there's only one solution...

Five's pov

I looked everywhere in the village. She isn't here. The only place that she can be is the forest. What If she gets lost?

It doesn't take long to walk there with some spatial jumps here and there. I sigh when I'm in front of it. It is huge, how am I supposed to find her?

Y/n's pov

I am on my way to the edge of the forest. I already passed the house of Mike so it won't take long anymore.. When I suddenly hear something crack behind me, i turn around.

There are 2 boys standing there. I recognize their faces immediately. They're the boy's friends, the ones from in the store.

They didn't exactly look trustworthy but I just need to ask how their friend is doing. 'How is your friend doing?' I ask.

The tallest one rolls his eyes 'What do you care? You did that to him after all.'.

'I didn't!' I snap back.

But what if I did?

'Well he didn't get that wound in his head by just standing there.' The smallest one says. He's wearing glasses and his face is full of freckles. He seemed friendly, at least when you didn't just hurt his friend.

'You did that to him. He flied in the air because of you!'. He yells at me.

I breathe deeply in and out, it helps me to stay calm. If I did that to their friend, I don't wanna do it again.

'I-I don't know if I did that. I hope I didn't. I'd never do that to someone.' I tell them, trying to stay strong and not to tear up in front of these kids.

'Well you did.' Says the tallest boy short 'You did this.'.

'How is your friend?' i repeat, really wanting to know  how the other boy is..

'He died!' I see tears streaming down from the smallest one's cheeks 'He didn't even make it to the hospital.'.

I fall down in unbelief. At this moment, I don't care if my pants get dirty. I don't care if I hurt msyelf. I do care that I killed the boy. I killed him.

'But oh they will find you!' The tallest one yells. I also see tears in his eyes but he's doing his best to keep them in.

'The police will find you, and they will make your life miserable!' The other boy yells. I can feel that my body doesn't have the energy to get up again.

'You're coming with us!' The tallest one yells angry.

I wish that my body was able to fight back, but after receiving the news, I just gave up, again. Just like when my parents had died. When the man tried to kill me.

I remember how Five saved me back then.

I also remember the sound of him pushing the knife through the man's flesh.

I've been hearing it every night again and again..