Chapter 16

Five's pov

No book that I read had information about y/n's power. I want to help her so badly. I also want to tell her what is coming up. The end of humanity and the world. I'm supposed to protect it and find the one who does this but instead I'm here reading books to help y/n. I've never really felt like this.

I needed to come back here to stop the apocalypse. But now thar I am here, i'm falling for a girl and I am falling really hard. I can't help myself but to spend time with her even though I should be killing the person who's behind the apocalypse right now.

"Y/n." I look at her "Before I tell you about my mission, you need to know how to calm down when you're scared, sad or angry."

She has to otherwise she's going to be scared and she might even go crazy.

"Yeah." She smiles softly "Does someone have a phone here? I'll look it up on google."

"Like a device knows about your powers." I chuckle.

"It will not" she laughs "But it will tell me how I can slow my breathing."

We went down to ask Pogo and he told us that my father had one before he died. Y/n used that one and lookd everything up on something that's called google. I must have missed a lot because there are phones now. These devices that let's you call and text people.

Y/n is now doing exactly what the device, well google, tells her to. It looks weird to see her this concentrated on just her breathing but I will have to get used to that.

"Do you think that it will work?" I ask her curiously. Y/n glances at me, I can see that's she's nervous in her eyes.

"Let's hope so." She says and a twinkle appears in her eyes "Can you tell me about your mission now?"

I breathing in and out, preparing myself to tell her. What if the weight of the world and humanity gets too heavy on her shoulders. What if she can't handle it? I try to out thess thoughts away as I look at her.

"The world is ending in a few days. Humanity will die. I traveled through time, got stuck in the apocalypse, the commission found me and offered me a job. Then I broke the contract so I could come back here to save the world. I couldn't find the cause of the apocalypse so I had to go back to the commission to work for them. They had me take you captive and here we are."

"Everyone dies?" Y/n says "The world gets destroyed?". I nod.

"I saw all my siblings their bodies. They tried to fight it together but it didn't work out. They died with every other human here on earth."

Y/n's pov

I can't believe what Five just said to me. The world ends in just a few days. Every human on earth dies.

His father's book flashes in front of my eyes.

"Your powers are dangerous and will end the world if you don't learn how to control them." That were his words.

I look down, avoiding eye contact with Five. "Who destroys the world?" I whisper.

"I don't know.. That's why I started working for the commission again, so I could find out who did it." He explains to me.

Now I do look at him. "They know who or what the cause is?" I ask him sternly. If they do, they are a danger to me.

"They do .. but they don't want me to know. They don't trust me because I already broke the contract once." He says.

"Where the hell is the commission?"

"Why do you want to know that?" Five frowns. Shit. He can't know that I think that I am the cause.