Chapter 41

"He fell in love." the handler had said to me.

I remember the sadness in Five his eyes before he had to time travel away to be safe from the Commission. I must say, he did a good job keeping himself and his girlfriend safe from any attacks from the Commission.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you y/n." That's what he said. He must be glad and truly proud that his girlfriend is safe from any danger.

Five saying "I love you." is still fresh in my mind. Of course he did. But it didn't take him long to fall in love again with a woman who can give him a normal life. He replaced me so quickly.

When I'm walking outside again, I feel the tears streaming down my cheeks. I would do everything to see the love for me in his eyes again. The thing is, I already gave everything that I can so that he could escape. I don't have anything left.

I lost the most important thing in my life. I died in his eyes and even though I know that it was for the best, the pain doesn't lessen.

My eyes fall upon the one agent that's guarding the courtyard. I walk up to the woman, needing to at least try something.

"Hey." I greet her "Could you do something for me?"

"I am not allowed to do anything for prisoners." The woman answers with annoyance clearly in her voice.

"It's just.." I sigh and turn around, trying to show the woman my wet stained cheeks "I got the news that my mother died. I just want one phone call with her. The commission can call to every time. I just-.. I just need to hear her voice one more time. I'm her daughter."

"Very well. Just one call. I will come down to your cell to give you a phone and a phone book with the times and names. I'm very sorry for your loss dear." She finally gives in, making me sigh in relief.

I send the woman a sad but grateful smile and then I walk up to a bench to sit on it and spend the rest of my hours crying. I must look pathetic to all the men but I'm glad that they understood the message. Even if they try something again while I am in this state, then I won't doubt to cut myself again or do something else.

Long hours are spend crying, mostly staring straight forward and trying to keep my eyes open as much as I can because every time I close my eyes, I see Five.

I see him in someone else's arms. Not mine. His smile wide and his arms go around this person's waist. I don't even know who his girlfriend is and I already loathe her. but she's lucky. Lucky to have such a boyfriend. Him. She has him.

A knock is finally heard on my door and I immediately loop up. The woman walks in after greeting Jacob who's still guarding my cell.

"Here you go. I will give you some privacy but please don't make it long. The handler wouldn't like me letting you do this." She says, putting a rather weird looking phone and a phone number book into my hands.

"Again.. Thank you." I thank the woman as she exits my cell as fast as she entered.

It feels wrong lying to her, especially since she was so quick to give in. I told her that my mother has died. Still, it got me a phone and Five's number.

Five Hargreeves. His number is quickly found and it doesn't take long until a ring goes off. After several rings, someone picks up. Someone that isn't Five who I wanted to hear so badly.

"Hello." A female voice answers, causing my lips to part. There's a short silence of just a few seconds but enough for this girl to question who I am.

"Who am I talking to?" Her voice sounds happy, too happy for my liking.

"Oh.." Is the only word that's able to leave my mouth for another few seconds "I'm someone from your boyfriend's work. Five Hargreeves. I am talking to Five's girlfriend, aren't I?"