Chapter 1: The Rathalos

We see Jaune, the blonde haired leader of team JNPR, walking though the Emerald Forest. He had recently received news that his family had disowned him. So he decided to take a walk through the Emerald Forest, to clear his head.

       The boy, currently, is standing in the middle of the ruins where they found their relics. He goes over the memories, and smiles. But a dim blue glow catches his eye. He cautiously walks over, and moves aside one of the overhanging clumps of vines. There, a strange object was resting against a price of rubble.

 There, a strange object was resting against a price of rubble

       He slowly reaches out towards it. As soon as the tips of his fingers touch it, and a bright flash illuminates the dark forest. He gently picks it up and slips it on. He then walks away, only for a dark growl to stop him. He turns around, to see a pack of Beowulves.

     They pounce at him, claws outstretched. But a sudden fireball explodes in between the Grimm and the Hunter in training. With a roar, a new creature arrives on the scene. But it wasn't a Grimm.

(Is it okay if I make him the size of an Ursa?)

      The creature glares at the Grimm with its one eye, before it roars again. The Grimm howl in response, before three fire balls turn them to ashes. It turns to Jaune. It walks over to him, and gently nuzzles his left arm with the strange stone. He reaches out with his right and gently scratches it behind its crest. It purrs.

"What are you?"

       The creatures eye stares into his blue ones. It simply licks his face in response. It nips the collar of his shirt, and throws him into the air. He falls back down screaming, landing in a sitting position on it back. But it doesn't hurt. The skin between its armor plates is soft. The creature spreads it wings and they take off. The creature circles for a bit. Jaune realizes suddenly that it's waiting for him to steer it.

    He gently hold onto parts of its crest, and steers it towards Beacon. They quickly pass over the forest, and they land on the cliff. Jaune dismounts, and strokes the creatures snout.

"Thank you."

       It lets out a small roar in reponse. But it's eyes suddenly snap open and it jumps backwards, barely avoiding a sniper round. Jaune turns around to see team RWBY and his "teammates".