Ch. 12

When the elevator opened, Pepper and Rhodey were standing by the couch talking in lowered voices.

They looked up.

Tony stepped forward confidently, clapping his hands together briefly. "Pep, love of my life, and Rhodes- honey bear. I have fantastic news!"

Rhodey smirked at his friend, keeping his eyes on the awkward teenager by the elevator. "Nice sentiment, Tones, but who's the kid?"

Pepper kissed Tony's cheek. "Hello to you too, Tony. Now, do explain why we had to drop everything and get here at once?"

Tony spun, walking back to Peter, and wrapping his arm around the teen's shoulders. "Introducing junior."

They blinked in unison.

"I'm sorry, what?" Rhodey squinted disbelievingly.

Peter waved awkwardly. "Hi uncle Rhodey."

Pepper's mouth fell open, and she gasped softly. "Peter?"

Rhodey slowly shook his head. "No way. What- how-?"

The teenager rocked slowly back onto his heels, grinning at their shocked faces. "You guys seriously didn't think you'd gotten rid of me for good, did you?"

Pepper smiled shakily. "Can I- can I hug you?"

With a soft smile, Peter moved forward into her arms. "Hey Aunt Pepper. Or should I say something else, seeing as Tony is my dad?"

She laughed quietly. "Just Pepper, for now."

Rhodey pointed between the two flabbergastedly. "You- but you- how-?"

Peter dropped his backpack to the side of the couch, spreading his hands out. "Do I not get a hug?"

Rhodes shook his head softly, a breath of air puffing out. "Of course. C'mere Peter."

They hugged, holding on for several seconds until Tony separated them. "Okay, that's enough sour patch. Stop hogging my kid."

Rhodey threw his hands in the air. "He's my nephew, Tones! Let me hug the kid."

Tony stuck out his lip. "Let me think. No. C'mon Pete. Let's go to the lab."

The teen followed willingly, holding in a laugh at the expression on Rhodey's face.

As soon as they got to the lab, Petee collapsed on the couch laughing hysterically.

"Oh my gosh that was awesome! The look on their faces!"

Tony grinned down at him. "Yup. Hopefully he won't yell at me for this."

Peter flopped back onto the couch. "So... what're we doing today?"

"Actually," Tony twisted his fingers together behind his back. "Yeah. About that. I was thinking maybe a movie?"

Peter blinked at him for a second before his face lit up. "Yes! What movie?"

"Star wars."

The teen's eyes widened impossibly. "You like those too?"

The billionaire smirked. "Who doesn't? They're classics."