Ch. 34

Staring down the Black Widow isn't a good idea, in most cases, but in this one, she's asking something he doesn't want to give.

"Y'know me and my dad are fighting, right? He'll probably blast your head off if you get me involved."

"That's not what I asked," she deflected coolly. "Can you do it?"

"Well, I mean, there's technicalities, and then moralities. Y'know. The fun stuff. Look, even if I wanted to, I don't have a passport. Or transportation."

"You think that would be a problem for me?"

Probably not.

Still.

"It's the principle of the matter," he said tightly. "Does my dad know you're asking this?"

"He won't know until we're already there."

"Okay, whoa whoa whoa, I'm not good with that. No way. He'd murder me! And you."

Natasha placed her hands on the table, tilting her head slightly. "Look, Peter, I told your dad I've got two people I can call for help. T'challa, the Wakandan King, and you."

"The one whose dad died, right?" At her nod, he sank back in his chair with a huff. "Look, I'm honored that I'm one of your go-to guys for this, but I can't."

"What about if I ran it through your dad first? Then would you go?"

"Probably. As long as you can think up a viable excuse for me going to Germany. You'll have to convince my Aunt May."

She shrugged. "Not a problem."

You do not know my Aunt May.

"Absolutely not."

Natasha met May's narrowed eyes with a soft smile. "Tony's trying to apologize. He wanted to have a some time with Peter, but he's already in Germany, which is why he couldn't ask himself."

"There's a little thing called a phone, you know." May folded her arms.

"He didn't want to have this conversation over the phone, seeing as it's a delicate matter."

"Oh, delicate, is it? No. Peter has the right to choose whether he wants to see his dad, but if he doesn't want to, you're getting the heck out of my house."

Natasha turned to Peter. "Well? Your dad said if you came, I can pick you up."

He saw the unspoken message in her eyes, and gave a heavy sigh. "Fine."

At least Tony's on board.

"Good. Pack your things."

"Wait, now?" May dropped her arms. "You want him to go now?"

"Yes."

"It'll be fine, May. Promise."

His aunt gave him a kiss on the forehead, and waved her hand back toward his room. "Better go pack."

He didn't know what they'd said, but when he came back, theybqere sitting on the couch, drinking tea, and May was regaling Natasha with a story of when Peter was tiny.

"Can we not?"

May grinned up at him. "We absolutely can."

Natasha was an imposing figure, and he stayed silent for most of the drive.

When they were fifteen minutes away from the airport, she handed him a plastic bag. "This should take care of everything."

Inside was a passport, documentations he'd need, and a billfold.

"Why do I need-?"

"Tony's addition. Said he thought you might need some spending money. Happy's meeting you at the other end of the flight, and he'll take you to the hotel, and get you suited up."

"Oh. Great. So he's avoiding me now?"

"He said you were the one avoiding him, so. He figured you'd want to stay away from him. Not my business."

The car pulled to a stop, and Peter glanced out to find a small plane, with Happy Hogan standing by it.

"Come on," Happy called. "I’m not carrying your bags. Let’s go."

When he climbed on board, the cockpit was empty, and he grinned. "No pilot? That’s awesome."

Happy sat across from him, giving him a curious look. "This is your first time on a private plane?"

"My first time on any plane," he corrected. "Kinda cool."

Eeeeeee we're getting to all the good stuff

You know the drill, comment/vote if you enjoyed!