Ch. 43

Aight y'all

Have some Harley Keener

Funny thing, the reason you guys are getting an update is because I actually had a really good mental day!

Good days are few and far between, so I got my rear in gear to edit this and get it out before I feel bad again.

So.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Thud.

"Dude, are you even alive in there?"

Peter rolled over tiredly, fumbling for the lamp switch, and yelped as he rolled straight off the edge of the bed.

A short burst of laughter from outside the door had him grumbling under his breath as he pushed himself to his feet, flipped the light on, and finally opened the door.

Harley brushed past him without a backwards glance, arms full, with a backpack over one shoulder. "May sends her love, Happy sends food, and says you need to get better at answering your phone!"

He headed straight for the mini fridge as Peter grabbed his phone, pressing the power button, and groaning at the lock screen.

9 missed calls.

Eleven unread messages.

"What the heck happened in-" he checked the time. "Three hours?"

"Nothing important. Tony was bored, he started blowing up Happy's phone when you didn't answer."

"I thought dad was asleep."

"'Fraid not."

Peter face planted on the bed pulling the blanket back over his body. "I'm too tires for this."

"You look like a caterpillar."

"I'm cold, and this blanket is warm."

"Dude, the room is toasty." Harley shut the fridge door, carrying over two bottles of soda, and three containers of takeout. "I'm always cold, and the room is too warm for me."

"Sucks for you."

"Alright Spiderbaby. Eat up."

"'M not a baby."

"That sounds an awful lot like whining to me, Parker."

"Shut up."

Harley dropped onto the bed with a put-upon sigh, handing over a bottle of soda, and two of the three containers. "Eat."

Peter did as told, eating silently as Harley did the same.

Five minutes in, Harley dropped his fork with a groan. "Alright, what gives?"

"Hm?"

The other boy propped his chin on his hand, watching Peter with a frown. "You're poking at your food like it's about to bite you back. What gives?"

"I'm fine, Harley."

"Yeah, sure. And I'm Annie Oakley."

Peter shook his head tiredly, trying to clear the remaining grogginess. "Just tired. This has been a lot, y'know?"

Harley's face softened, and he leaned closer, bumping his shoulder into Peter's. "I know. You're doin' great though. And hey, I've got some good news. Happy said Rhodey can get transferred tomorrow. Tony's already out of bed, you know how he is, he says he'll take some painkillers and he'll be right as rain. Anyway, you're gonna be able to come home tomorrow."

Relief flooded Peter's body like a drug, and he ran a hand over his face. "Thank god."

"You look tired." Harley hadn't moved away, still a line of warmth against his side.

"You've got no idea."

"Maybe you should stay here tonight. If you want, we could watch movies? I know for a fact that you haven't seen Legally Blonde, and that's a crime."

Peter shook his head, albeit with a faint smile. "I was gonna visit dad and Rhodey again."

"I can text Happy with the change of plans. How about it? Movies, snacks, we can bundle you up with blankets, roll you into a blanket burrito, how's that sound?"

"That..." Peter sighed. "That sounds really awesome."

"Then that's what we're gonna do. Self care time, dude. Pity I don't have any face masks."

"Yeah, those are fun. MJ likes to make me come over for spa days sometimes, and she paints my nails while we do face masks. You should come sometime."

"Sounds like fun. Any horror movie marathons?"

"You kidding me?" Peter laughed dryly. "I see enough horror in day to day life."

"True."

"But yeah. MJ makes me watch them with her too, and she repays me by not telling anyone when I'm the only one who screams at the jumpscares."

"Don't worry, I do too. I love horror movies, but the scares get me every time."

"What's your favorite?"

"Probably Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark. It's one of the more mild ones, but I enjoyed it. I watched it in theaters, and only jumped once, but that was when some other dude screamed and fell out of his seat. I got a good laugh out of that."

Peter smiled faintly, dropping the empty containers on the bedside table, and tugging the blanket up to his chin. "Have you texted Happy? Or dad?"

"I'm in the process of doing so."

He watched Harley shoot off a text, and then the other teen dropped the phone on the bed, clapping his hands together. "There's that settled. What's our first movie?"

"You wanted to watch Legally Blonde?"

"We're definitely watching that at some point, but you look like a sad puppy, so I'm letting you choose first."

"Tangled?"

"Sure thing."

Funny thing and true story, when I watched Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark, the only time I jumped was when a friend screamed and fell out of his seat.

It was hilarious.

Til next time!