Chapter Two: Monkey's Paw

A/N: Dun dun-dun dun dun ha! I have an update!

This is for Dark_Safrina

I genuinely thank you for being a fan :3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Two: Monkey’s Paw

Cody,” his name escapes as a hiss between my teeth as I took my first step into the woods, my grip on his arm tightened but he didn’t seem to notice. I did not want to end up as monkey crap.

Cody then decides to stop, digging his feet into the squelching mud in order to secure himself into a grounded stance. The monkey stalks to the side, trying to get us into the woods but my brother wasn’t budging. It hisses sounding more like a snake, baring its teeth as it puffs up its chest and shoulders in order to enlarge itself to frighten its newly found human-chow. I for one didn’t need the extra incentive but Cody didn’t show any outward fear. In fact, from the way his shoulders were squaring, he was calm. Calm and ready to fight.

Did I forget to mention that my brother is a tad suicidal?

“Get ready to move.”

Sure. I’ll just do an Irish jig, shall I? It’ll confuse the hell outta everyone including the monkey. Come on Kae, no time for sarcasm

There’s always time for sarcasm.

“Ready?”

Nice to know he’s asking for once.

“Run, Kae!” He pushes me to the side, earning two things; me, tumbling rather clumsily into a nearby shrub and the monkey, now fully enticed to rush forward at the sudden movement. Crawling my way out of there, I realised I made it just in time as the monkey seems to have made me the target as it had completely ignored my brother and landed in the bush that I had just gracefully rolled out of. Quickly turning itself around to lunge at me again, I scramble to find my feet as the mud and snow was slick and trying to pull me under. Half crawling, half falling over myself I make my way in a panic haze back towards the public toilets. 

While I was making my half-assed attempt at escaping, Cody charges forward to stop the monkey. As they struggle with each other, the monkey lands a solid kick into my brother’s gut, winding him as he curls up, almost collapsing. Biting my lip, I hesitated to go back in case the spider-thing decided to take my brother now that he was weakened. Before realising what my body was doing, I scamper for the nearest thing to throw and threw something like a rock at the monkey, landing squarely on its head. It shoves my brother to the ground and turns its attention back on me.

Oh.

Right.

Shit.

I scurry away, trying to get as far from Cody as possible just in case it changes its mind. Just as I was about to get my fingers to touch the slab of concrete I felt a grip around my ankles -when did I lose my shoes? Not the point.

Suddenly pulled back down, I awkwardly turn over onto my back with the monkey looming over me. Struggling to get its ugly head and creepy multiple eyes and rather big teeth out of my face, I try to kick and wriggle my way out but with it have hands for feet, it grips my arms and legs, spreading me out, exposing me completely. Leering down into my face, I turn a little to get as far from it as possible while being pinned down. My eyes shut tight, ready to be ripped apart.

I could feel it sniffing me. Oh god it’s smelling me like some cheap date. I wanted to scream for help but fear had closed down on my throat. My heart was ramming against my rib cage and I was too afraid to open my eyes as its nose was almost nuzzling against the soft skin of my neck.