Chapter 9

Keith turned so quickly and Lance scrambled behind Keith, holding onto his arm.

Lotor was leaning against a tree, "Nice to see you two."

"Well it's not nice to see you." Keith growled.

"That's very harsh." Lotor gasped dramatically. "I'm only here to take him back."

Keith growled, "Your not getting him back!"

Lotor quirked an eyebrow up, "Really?" He pushed off the tree. "Lance, come here sweetheart." Lance just stood there. "Lance."

"No!" Lance shouted.

Both alphas were surprised that the omega raised his voice.

"I guess we use force?" Lotor asked, rolling up his sleeves. "Lance, come here."

Lance took a deep breathe, moving in front of Keith, "I won't go with you! And I certainly will not allow you to threaten us!"

Lotor stepped forward, "I'm going to count down, ok?"

Lance stayed in front of Keith. He stood his ground, and he knew Keith had a plan because the alpha wasn't protesting.

"3, 2," Lotor paused, then finished. "1."

Keith lunged at Lotor, just as he lunged at Lance. The two alphas began fighting and clawing at each other. Lance was in the crossfire for a split second, getting clawed and pushed away.

Keith landed a punch to Lotor's face, only to get slammed into a tree. More fighting occurred. It seemed never ending.

Keith swung his leg at Lotor's, making the alpha fall down, "You best be on your way and never come back. You hear me?"

"I'll be on my way, yes." Lotor shakily got up. "But I cannot promise anything about not coming back."

The two alphas growled at each other before Lotor sprinted away. Keith turned to Lance, only to see the boy sobbing uncontrollably, on his knees, and holding onto his side tightly.

Keith scrambled to the ground next to his omega, "L-Lance? Hey, what's wrong?"

Lance uncovered his side, which was bleeding harshly. Blood trickled down his hands and the spot on the red sweatshirt where he got clawed was darker.

"It hurts!" Lance cried out, biting his lip. "It really hurts, Keith."

At this point Keith was crying, "W-We'll get you help, o-ok?."

Lance nodded his tear streaked face. Keith carefully picked him up and began running as carefully as he could back to the house. He kicked the door open, which startled Hunk, Pidge, Romelle and Curtis.

"Keith, what the hell-" Pidge started but was interrupted.

"I need help!" Keith sobbed out.

Everyone's eyes landed on Lance and they quickly scurried around. Romelle laid towels on the dining room table, which Lance was soon set down on. Pidge ran to her room to contact the others, who were out visiting Krolia and wouldn't be back for two days. Hunk got water and Curtis went to get the first aid kit.

"Keith, help me take off this damn sweatshirt." Romelle demanded.

Keith nodded, helping Romelle take off Lance's sweatshirt and tank top. Then Curtis came down the stairs, carrying the box of supplies just as Hunk brought over a bowl of water.

Pidge came back downstairs, with a pair of Lance's shorts to let the boys change him into.

"Did you get through to Shiro?" Curtis asked, taking the shorts.

"No." Pidge replied bluntly, staring at Lance.

"How about you and Romelle go and try to get through to them." Curtis spoke.

The girls nodded, scurrying up the stairs. Curtis took off Lance's shoes and had Keith assist him in taking off his pants. Then Lance's shorts were slid on and they quickly got to work on his wound.

"It's not deep." Hunk spoke up, dabbing the wound with water. "Looks like he was just clawed."

"It's still deep enough to loose a lot of blood." Keith shot back.

"Calm down. It's just going to be worse if we act stupid." Curtis informed.

Lance whimpered as Hunk cleaned his wound. He shakily reached out for Keith, who noticed and grabbed his hand, rubbing his thumb over Lance's knuckles.

Curtis leaned down to Keith's ear and whispered, "Keep him distracted. We need to treat the wound more."

Keith nodded and looked into Lance's puffy eyes, "Hey. You'll be ok."

Lance chuckled but sniffled, letting tears fall, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" Keith asked, scooting his chair closer.

"I shouldn't have interfered." Lance began to explain. "A-And I messed things up and-"

Lance was cut off by the alpha, "Dont be sorry. I appreciate and thank you so much for looking out for me."

Lance smiled softly, but soon broke out into loud sobs. Keith looked over to Curtis and Hunk, who were disinfecting the wound. He looked back at Lance and softly hushed him, combing his fingers through his hair.

Lance calmed down, once Curtis and Hunk were wrapping bandages across his stomach and to his wound.

When they finished, Curtis pulled Keith away privately and asked for a full explanation on what happened. So Keith told him. Curtis wasn't happy but he was glad they, in the end, are ok.

He insisted Keith took Lance to bed, and as well go to bed himself.

"I can help clean up if you need." Keith insisted.

"No, it's alright." Curtis replied. "Just take care of Lance, ok?."

Keith nodded. He walked over to Lance, who had been talking to Hunk about what happened. Keith told Hunk that he and Lance were going to bed.
He gently picked up Lance, carrying him up the stairs. He went to his room, setting Lance under the covers of the bed before he got into bed next. He pulled Lance close and wrapped protective arms around him.

"Keith?" Lance asked in a hushed tone.

"Yes?" Keith responded.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared." Lance murmured.

Keith kissed the top of Lance's head, "You don't need to be scared, ok? I won't let him hurt you."