Chapter 29

Keith sat outside on the porch. The sun was high in the sky, yet the air was cool. Winter where they lived was never the type to have snow and to always feel like fall. He sighed as he leaned back in his chair.

Lance was asleep, having back pain and discomfort. He was more tired as he was in his third trimester, 36 weeks. The others of the pack were excited, planning who was going to be an aunt and uncle, godmother or godfather, official babysitter, etc.

Last doctors visit, they found out they were going to have a girl. After two days of picking names, they decided to go with Luna Kailani Kogane. The mates decided they'd go with Keith's last name so Lance was addressed as a Kogan too. Yet, the omega still kept his original last name too.

Lance's old room was turned into the nursery, which Romelle and Allura decorated, along with Curtis. It had grey walls, pink curtains and a white crib. Along with the necessities like a changing table with diapers and then a rocking chair. They had everything they needed.

"Hey, Keith." Shiro spoke, closing the front door and sitting down in the other chair.

Keith smiled, the bags under his eyes puffing up a bit, "Afternoon."

"You look tired." Shiro inquired.

"A bit." Keith sighed, staring at a tree. "Lance and I don't have a sleep schedule anymore."

"Well, look at it this way. 5 more weeks estimated until the pup is born." Shiro reassured. "I'm sure you guys are excited."

Keith nodded with a huge grin. Everyone had changed over the months. Shiro's hair was all white after being dyed by Curtis, Keith's hair was longer than usual, Pidge changed the style of her glasses and hunk cut his hair short. Coran moved out unexpectedly, and nothing really changed for the other two girls and Lance.

Hunk walked out onto the porch, "Hey, what do we want for dinner?"

"It's Lance's turn to pick." Shiro pointed out.

"Y-Yeah, but he's asleep." Hunk protested.

Lance wasn't like any other normal pregnancy. He didn't get emotional, he didn't get picky, but he was always tired and hungry. His stomach didn't get that big like a woman's does and he had a lot of paranoia and anxiety.

Keith stood up from his chair, tying his hair back into a low ponytail, "Have someone else pick tonight. I'll go wake him up, though."

The alpha walked into the warm house, skipping some steps as he walked up the stairs. He entered his and Lance's room, seeing the omega still asleep. He took a moment to just star at his omega before rubbing Lance's shoulder to wake him up.

The omega groaned, stretching slightly and opening his eyes, "Oh, g'afternoon."

"Hey, sleeping beauty." Keith said, sitting on the edge of the bed and earning a pout. "What? It's fitting."

"Yeah, yeah." Lance laughed, sitting up and hugging Keith's side.

The alpha kissed the omega's neck, standing up, "Come on, dinner is being made."

"What's for dinner?" Lance sat up as he rubbed his eyes.

"I'm not sure." Keith shrugged. "You were supposed to pick, but I let Allura pick tonight since you were asleep. I hope that's ok."

Lance nodded with a hum, holding onto Keith's arm as they walked to the kitchen.