2

Donghyuck sighed, tearing his eyes away from the ceiling, which had seemed so interesting to him that he had stayed up for hours just watching it, and then looked at the clock ticking by besides him. It was nearly 4am — great another night gone by without any sleep — and all Donghyuck could think about was the way the hyungs had looked at in the morning. They looked sad, or maybe hurt? Was it a mixture of the two? Donghyuck didn't know. The hyungs were never vocal about their problems towards Donghyuck, as they all had their own person to speak to when it came to their problems. For example, Renjun and Jaemin spoke to each other, whilst Jeno and Donghyuck spoke to each other.

"Hyuck?" Jaemin's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, and Donghyuck turned around in the small bed, coming to face Jaemin, who only looked up at him with tired eyes. "Go to sleep baby."

"Can't." Donghyuck sighed, wrapping his arms around Jaemin and shuffling closer to him, flushing their bodies together and letting out a hum of comfort. Although Jaemin wasn't his cuddle buddy (that role was reserved for the one and only Jeno), he did give good hugs. And so, for now, Jaemin was the one he had to be with (mostly because Renjun refused to allow Donghyuck into their bedroom and because Jisung said something about feeling scared whilst being in the same room with Jaemin for too long. Why? Who knows, Jisung's a wild card).

"Try to think of good things." Jamejn slurred, his useless words getting muffled by a yawn, and his grip on Donghyuck's waist got looser, indicating that he had fallen asleep. Donghyuck couldn't blame him, they did spend the entire day in the practice room.

Closing his eyes, Donghyuck thought of things that made him happy. Unfortunately for him, his brain decided to be a bitch and brought out a picture of Mark, smiling brightly at him and waving. To be honest, the thought of Mark did make him happy, but it also brought along a strange feeling in his stomach, and he guessed that was bad. It had to be.

Surprisingly, a few moments afterwards, whilst Donghyuck was having a mini argument with himself in his mind, his systems starting closing one by one, and soon, he was fast asleep.

The light for Jaemin and Jisungs shared room was switched on with no mercy, and a ruthless Renjun stared at Donghyuck, who was glaring at him from underneath the sheets. Jaemin finally woke up, grudgingly removing his arms from Donghyuck, managing to elbow the shorter in the eye, and got kneed in the stomach.

"Cuddling is soft, but painful." Jaemin commented, rubbing his arms, the ones that were under Donghyuck's small, yet heavy, head. The two glanced at Renjun (who remained motionless at the door with no even a hint of a smile) before looking at each other and bursting into tiny fits of laughter. Their loud noise woke Jisung up, and the youngest of the group whined at them for ruining his sleep.

Pulling over his head one of Jaemin's sweaters, Donghyuck climbed out of the bed, dragging his feet across the floor and trailing after Renjun. They all took turns in the bathroom, waiting almost half an hour for Jaemin, they all stumbled to the door. Without getting breakfast, the six rushed into a car and made their way to the company building. They decided to get breakfast from there, because why not? The food was great, and the discount they got was perfect. 

Just as Donghyuck was about to pout and beg someone to buy him food (his daily routine), Chenle grabbed his arm and tugged him towards one of the counters.

"Pay for me please." He said, his head nodding down, and although their height difference wasn't much, Donghyuck almost felt as if he was looking down at one of his younger (annoying) siblings.

"Alright." Donghyuck ruffled Chenle's hair, realising that maybe he should use this opportunity to repay the younger for all the times he had paid for Donghyuck's food. Now that he thinks about it, was this one of the reasons the hyungs never returned his affection. Was he too selfish?