19

There were many things in life that brought Donghyuck a great amount of frustration. One was the strange habit that Jaemin had developed over the years where he would bombard his phone with hundreds of pictures of just his feet. It was weird, Donghyuck didn't like it (but he still had an album full of them on his phone so that the day he got the green-light from their manager he could post them online just to scare their fans). Another thing he hated with a strong passion was when he would be left on seen, and not just over text, but instead in real life, for example, the way Mark would nod at his words - his questions - and then start up a conversation with someone else. He was clearly not paying attention to him or even just simply listening.

Now, Donghyuck would've been fine if he just told him that he was busy or in the middle of something and so wasn't listening to him, but whenever Donghyuck would ask him what was up the older boy would spout out an incredibly obvious excuse before hurrying away.

In other words, he was ignoring Donghyuck.

And so, with a frown on his face, Donghyuck took heavy and loud steps to the dance studio, ready to speak about feelings and feel awkward with Mark again. It was needed, unfortunately.

"Hyung," he said the moment he opened the door, not even checking around the room to see who he would be talking over or interrupting. Suddenly, all the heads in the room snapped over to look at him and he felt heat creep up his neck. "I meant Mark Hyung."

The boy mentioned turned to him with a startled look on his face (it looked pretty cute, but Donghyuck wasn't exactly in the mood to say something like that out loud just to fluster Mark). The others lost interest and Mark slowly walked through the small crowd around the room and finally reached Donghyuck by the door.

He glanced around himself and then raised an eyebrow. "What's up?"

"Let's go to the cafeteria together." Donghyuck made a move to grab his wrist, but then Mark flinched before he even touched him and swiftly hid his arm behind him.

"Could we talk here?" Those that weren't interested began to take second looks at them, wondering why they were whispering in the corner of the room, exactly why Donghyuck wanted to go speak somewhere else.

Donghyuck didn't understand why Mark was being so cautious of him. It was obvious that he was still shaken up by the incident that took place not long ago, but he didn't have to act so awkwardly. It was difficult for Donghyuck to handle as well, it wasn't as if he was the only one who experienced the feeling of attraction towards a friend.

Ignoring the faint hostility in Mark's voice, Donghyuck took a step back and leaned against the door. "You look tired, wanna nap for a little while?"

Mark shook his head and smiled at him. "I'm not tired. Plus, the others were thinking about watching a movie later on. If I take a nap then when I wake up I'll be too exhausted to watch it."

Donghyuck nodded at his logic before giving up on acting civil. He leaned forwards and grabbed Mark's arm, forcing it back to his front even when he tried escaping his reach. "Hyung," he whispered into his ear, a little tired of playing this small game of pretending. "Did I do something wrong?"

Mark hurriedly pushed him away, his hand coming up to cover the lower part of his face. "No, you didn't. But I will get angry if you do that again."

Before Donghyuck has the chance to say anything else, Mark spun on his heels and rushed over to the closest person, already starting a conversation about something random.

Donghyuck felt embarrassed when Jungwoo shot him a look of concern from across the room. Huffing to himself, Donghyuck left the room, angrily making his way to the cafeteria on his own. Mark was definitely avoiding him and the reason was getting more obvious the more they spoke and honestly, it was getting a bit annoying. Was this how the others felt when Donghyuck did the same to them?