17

Mark Lee was not gay.

Mark wasn’t against the idea of liking boys either. Ever since he was a kid, Mark never really looked at someone with the intention of liking them or dating them. Whilst he was in Canada, everyone was friends with everyone and as a kid, he never thought about liking another person. Then when he came to Korea, the restrictions upon him caused him to keep a fair distance from girls, just so that he wouldn’t end up getting caged into a fake scandal in the future. In the time that Mark spent with his friends, he only ever thought of them as his brothers, and that was the same with the other members. He didn’t view them any differently as his older brother. 

That was until the incident that took place last night. To say that Mark wasn’t freaking out would be a lie; he was terrified. He wasn’t sure what was going through his head when he initiated something he hadn’t done before, but now it was messing with his head. Was he attracted to his best friend, the person he had considered a brother for so long? Just thinking about it like that made Mark shudder. He didn’t support incest, just to be clear.

“Mark,” Doyoung’s voice pulled him out of his thoughts. “Wake up, we’re having breakfast.”

Wake up? Mark hadn’t even slept the entire night. He had tried his best, but with the constant possibilities filling his head, he found it difficult to get some shut-eye.

“I’m up,” Mark muttered as he sat upon his bed. He rubbed his tired eyes and tried to get rid of the sleep that had finally come to him when he realised he had stayed awake the whole night. Mark got up with a grunt and ignored Doyoung’s worried look before making his way to the bathroom. Staring at his reflection, Mark groaned because everyone would know something was up with his red eyes and flushed cheeks. 

Mark slowly made his way through the hallway, leaning against the wall to make sure he didn’t fall. He poked his head through the kitchen door to find Donghyuck hugging Taeyong from behind. He caught the way Taeyong was laughing to himself as Donghyuck said some things with a pout on his face. They looked cute. Mark blushed at the sight.

“Morning,” Mark said as he entered the kitchen. Donghyuck and Taeyong returned his greeting, and he could feel their lingering eyes, but continued his journey to the fridge.

“But Hyung,” Donghyuck whined, his voice becoming squeaky and Taeyong sighed with fake annoyance. “Tropical juice is superior.”

Mark raised his eyebrow at the topic of the conversation but rushed out of the room when he locked eyes with Donghyuck. He wasn’t avoiding the younger, he was just delaying confrontation. He was sure that Donghyuck would come to him at any moment of the day to talk about last night - Mark cursed to himself for being so supportive of communication - so he knew they were going to solve the issue soon, 

Shaking his head, Mark pushed the door of the living room open and stumbled in. He saw Jungwoo sitting on the sofa and slumped down beside him, the older turned to him with a confused look.

“Jungwoo hyung,” Mark said, leaning against Jungwoo as he pinched his cheek. “I need help with something.”

Jungwoo eyed him for a moment before letting out a chuckle. “Is this something Mark?”

Mark looked down at his lap in embarrassment for being so easy to read, but then the hand on his shoulder calmed him down. He sighed slowly and then cleared his throat. “I nearly kissed him last night,” Mark said and immediately covered his face and he remembered how awkward it had been when he pulled away. Jungwoo’s eyes widened and he froze for a moment before bursting into laughter, clutching his stomach as he imagined the scenario. “It’s not funny!”