22

Donghyuck put his hand on Mark's waist and pulled him closer, stuffing his face into the back of his head. He smiled as he remembered how Mark slapped his arm once they got off the stage at the concert. Mark hit him a few times, with that stupid smile of his, laughing at the top of his lungs, unable to believe the fact that Donghyuck also liked him. The members congratulated Mark for being brave enough to confess to Donghyuck, and then shook their heads at the fact that it wasn't Donghyuck who did it.

"You're going to the dream dorm today, aren't you?" Mark asked, keeping his eyes close and placing his hand over Donghyuck's. It was finally morning and the day before Donghyuck would have to perform at a music show. And so, Donghyuck was planning to move into the dream dorm for the time being.

"Yeah." Donghyuck replied, raising his head slightly to get a view of Mark's face. "Are you gonna miss me?"

"Miss you?" Mark scoffed, playfully pushing Donghyuck away and turning around in the bed. "Ha, I'm happy you're going away, I'll finally get time alone without anyone annoying me."

The two smiled at each other and broke out into laughter, ignoring the groans they heard from Jaehyun, who was also awake and able to hear everything they were talking about.

"Anyways, I should get up and pack my stuff." Donghyuck said, pulling his hand away from Mark's and climbing out of the bed to make a bag of his stuff. When he reached his closet, he pulled out a few hoodies and began to stuff them into a bag.

"Mine, mine, mine." Mark pointed out every time Donghyuck put his clothes into a bag. "You really only wear my clothes huh?"

"They're comfortable." Donghyuck shrugged his shoulders, hiding his smile because the real reason was actually that Donghyuck liked the way Mark dressed, and just liked wearing his clothes. "Make me breakfast."

Mark groaned and forced himself out of Donghyuck's bed. He tripped on his way to the door and cursed at Donghyuck's shoe that was in his way. Once he was out, Donghyuck quickly put his stuff away before leaning over at Jaehyun and whispering a small, "Bye".

It wasn't as if he wasn't going to see the members, but he wasn't going to be with them as often, like always. Although they shared the same practice room, they were all going to be busy with their own work. Half of the 127 members were going to be doing a small NCT life show and the others were most probably going to stay at the dorms for a while.

"Bye bye.." Jaehyun replied, poking his hand out of his blanket and waving at Donghyuck, who was now closing the door.

When Donghyuck got out of his room, he saw Mark struggling to flip a pancake on the stove. He dropped some batter on the side of the saucepan and then let out a loud whine, shaking his head and jumping on his spot. Donghyuck smiled at the scene and then walked over to him, forcefully taking the handle and fixing what Mark was doing wrong.

"I tried." Mark said, putting his hands up and then leaning on the kitchen counter, eventually climbing onto it and swinging his legs softly.

"Yes yes, thank you." Donghyuck replied, taking the pancake off the stove and into a plate. He repeated the process and then joined Mark on the counter. They ate the food, talking about the most random things. Mark saw that there was only one pancake left, so purposely ate really slowly, so that Donghyuck would take it. "Make sure to stream our video."

"Of course I will." Mark said, pulling his phone out and showing the fact that he had downloaded all the streaming apps, and was ready for the comeback. "I didn't even get a chance to hear the song whilst you guys were recording."

"If you picked up my calls, maybe you would've heard it." Donghyuck rolled his eyes, jumping off the counter and putting the plates into the sink. "Anyways, I'm gonna go now."

Mark nodded and then followed Donghyuck through the halls, looking down at his feet and sighing. He wasn't going to be able to meet Donghyuck or speak to him much, since Donghyuck would be busy with promotions, and Mark would be busy with another activity he was given.

"We can still text." Donghyuck said, reading Mark's sad expression. Honestly, he was also pretty upset that he wasn't able to spend more time with Mark, especially since they had just confessed their feelings and started dating secretly. "Plus, I'm just a few roads down from here, I can always visit. I'm not leaving forever!"

The two laughed and then moved towards the door. Donghyuck picked up the small bag of clothes he packed and then put his hand on the door. He closed his eyes and then took a deep breath. Mark tilted his head to check if the door was locked, and that was why Donghyuck was taking to so long to exit.

"What happened?" Mark asked, shuffling closer and peering over Donghyuck's shoulder.

"Mark hyung." Donghyuck stood up straight and then turned around, eyes widening at the small distance that was between him and Mark. "I wanted to ask..."

"Ask what?" Mark raised his eyebrow, confused as to what Donghyuck would be asking now. Donghyuck nervously licked his lips and then reached forwards and placed his hand on Mark's arm. He pulled him forwards and put his head on Mark's shoulder, feeling blood rush to his cheeks.

"Can we um..." Donghyuck gulped and then tightly shut his eyes again, unable to control the heat he was emitting. "Can we kiss?"

"..." Mark stood in silence, jaw dropping as he heard Donghyuck's request. His face turned into a light shade of red, before going darker every second. Donghyuck shook Mark's arm for an answer and then raised his head to see Mark's reaction. When he saw how shocked he was, he decided to use the opportunity, and fulfil his own wish.

Donghyuck leaned closer to Mark, who immediately closed his eyes, not knowing what else to do, and softly held onto Donghyuck's shirt. They lips touched and they both took a few seconds to allow the tingly cold feeling in their blood to calm down. Once it did, they pulled away and smiled shyly.

"I..I'll see you later." Donghyuck replied, lowering his head to hide his smile. Mark stuttered a few times before accidentally yelling a goodbye to Donghyuck, who began to laugh loudly since they heard one of the members curse at Mark. "Next time, you're making the pancakes."

"I'll try to." Mark chuckled, watching as Donghyuck ducked his head down and ran through the rain and into the car that was waiting for him at the entrance of their front garden. He waited until Donghyuck was seated before closing the door. When he turned around, he saw Taeyong leaning against the wall and smiling at him. "What're you smiling about?"

"Nothing." Taeyong replied, blinking slowly before pushing himself off the wall. "Anyways, if you mess up with Donghyuck, know that there will be 20, and more if you include tizennies, people ready to beat you up."

"Woah calm down hyung." Mark said, following Taeyong into the living room. "Also, tell Hyuck the same thing."

"I already have." Taeyong said, dropping onto the sofa and leaning back on it. He had told Donghyuck on the way back to the dorm that he shouldn't mess up with Mark, otherwise the members would not hesitate to beat him up. He remembers how Donghyuck smirked and called it a challenge, before instantly shaking his head and saying that he wasn't going to ruin anything.

"Oh." Mark nodded and then walked back to his room, wanting to get his sleep back. He climbed into his bed and then brought the blanket to his nose, unable to control the large grin he had plastered on his face.

"With me, Donghyuck will never feel the need to go affection-less again."

《 end 》

also, thank you so much for 7k views and 1k votes! the highest I've ever gotten lmao
thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it