sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28

"I'm coming home," Mark sang as he stepped into the dorm, chuckling a little to himself as he realised he had literally come home.

He slipped his shoes off his feet and wobbled over to the kitchen, smiling as he caught sight of the members sprawled across the sofas fast asleep. He scanned the room for Donghyuck and then turned to leave the room. It hadn't been long since he last met Donghyuck, only a few days — totally not long at all — but he still felt giddy to see the younger. Ever since they started dating, their relationship had sort of moved to another level of affection, which was expected to happen.

Before, Mark and Donghyuck would occasionally call each other whilst being apart, just to check up on the other or to rant to them about how horrible their day had been. Now, the two would make sure to call every other night to keep up with each other's lives, as if they wouldn't meet a few days later and have more than enough time to discuss it then. 

Stretching his arms out, Mark paused in front of his room and threw his bag straight in, sending an apology as it somehow managed to land on their managers head. He walked through the hallway, the smile on his face widening every step, and then came to a stop once he reached Donghyuck's room. Opening it slowly, Mark began to sing — it just happened to be Coming Home again — and Donghyuck quickly sat up in his bed.

"Ah! Mark Hyung, when did you come home?" Donghyuck asked, and Mark felt his heart swell at the word home. 

"Just now," Mark answered, and then glanced over at the time, grimacing as it read 2 am. "Why were you awake, Hyuckie?"

"I was waiting for you," Those simple words made Mark's face flush and Donghyuck laughed at how he got so easily flustered. "Gosh, stop. You might die from blushing one day."

Mark rolled his eyes and nudged the younger to his bed, climbing in with him and silenced Donghyuck's complaints —about how dirty his clothes were and that he was staining his pure sheets— with a small kiss. Donghyuck huffed before grabbing his face and pulling him closer, but instead of kissing him, he ducked his head down and tucked himself under Mark's chin. 

"Hey...is everything okay?" Mark asked, caressing Donghyuck's back and bringing him closer.

"Mark hyung," Donghyuck started and brought his body even closer to Mark. The warmth from his body contrasting against Mark's cold skin, and the two shivered at the difference of temperatures. "Do you think," Donghyuck cleared his throat and Mark raised his eyebrows. Donghyuck was never one to get so nervous about things. "Do you think people will like Coming Home?" 

"Of course they will," Mark replied confidently, yet Donghyuck stayed tense. His shoulders were rigid and Mark kept running his hand through Donghyuck's hair, hoping it could calm him down. "The song is great. I love it. It's probably one of my favourite winter songs, and you're vocals — everyone's vocals — are amazing. Don't doubt it, okay?"

"Mhm," Was all Donghyuck responded with, and Mark began to worry. It was pretty normal, to be honest, for Donghyuck to be worried about the song, but it wasn't like him to be so quiet. Normally he would be yelling about how enthusiastic or anxious he was, maybe even do exercise to get his mind off it (or the unhealthy version was him laying on his bed and getting fed chips by Jungwoo). 

Instead of pressing any further and perhaps making Donghyuck feel worse, Mark decided to hug him more tightly, kiss him on his head and hum a song to help him sleep. The younger yawned, practically melting under the touch, and slowly fell asleep.

"It's out!" Donghyuck yelled, running into Mark's room and jumped onto the bed, causing Mark to feel an elbow pierce through his stomach and a foot somehow land by his face. "It's out, Hyung, it's out!"