~3~

Alex

Goddess, I'm a lovesick puppy already...

I toss my basketball up in the air and catch it as I lay on my bed, a dopey smile on my face as I recall the day I had with Cece. I was ecstatic to find out that we had almost all the same classes, except for third period when I have P.E. she has Library Science. I'm not too surprised though, considering the school is smaller than most, but it still makes me incredibly happy that I'll get to spend so much time with her.

We even share a lunch together since we have the same chemistry class together, which means I got to introduce her to all of my friends...whether or not she knows how important she is to them already is uncertain. I also informed her that for the sake of her health that she should avoid the cafeteria food at all costs, and shared some of my grilled chicken and avocado wraps with her since she didn't have anything to eat. She seemed to like them a lot, she even asked me for the recipe.

After lunch I even helped her set up her locker, which she shyly asked to be the one near mine...Goddess she's so damn cute, it's unbearable.

Despite her bashful nature though, I've learned quite a bit about her already. She and I both love English class and reading, though our genre preferences are a bit different. She likes the sappy romance novels while I prefer thrillers like Stephan King stories...though we do both like fantasy/adventure like Eragon and Warriors.

She also loves chemistry, which isn't necessarily my strong suit, and I found myself grinning like an idiot when she offered to help me out with it.

When we finally reunited for Art class in fourth period, I got to see her sketchbook full of clothing designs, all of which were really good...even though most of them really weren't my particular style. We both had a lot of fun in the class too...though I did discover that while I enjoy a more abstract art style, she's more into realistic pieces like landscapes and people.

I want nothing more than to be with her already, to shower her with love and affection, to mark her as mine for the whole pack to see...and respect, to show her my world and her role in it as my Luna...

But it's much more complicated than that.

It's already hard enough with her being a human, with no idea that werewolves exist. But she's also a girl, which makes it even harder considering I have no idea where she stands on gay relationships...or if she's even attracted to other girls...

Goddess knows this would be much more simple if she were a werewolf too...but it doesn't matter. I just have to take things slowly, and let her open up on her own...and respect her decision when she does, even if it hurts me in the process.

"Alex! Can you come down stairs please?" Papa calls to me upstairs, and I sigh as I catch my basketball and drop it on my bed before sitting up. I exit my room and go down the stairs, taking them two at a time.

"What's up?" I ask as enter the kitchen, sliding across the linoleum floor in my socks and coming to a stop at the kitchen island. He turns to look at me from his place at the stove, wearing his favorite "kiss the cook" apron as he works on our dinner of beef and broccoli with rice. He apparently got his hair cut today, because his short brown hair is in a much cleaner undercut than it was yesterday

"I didn't see you come in earlier, how was your day at school?" He asks, and I smile as I hop up on one of the stools and grab a piece of extra broccoli.

"It was great." I answer, popping the piece into my mouth, and he turns to face me completely.

"Alright, what happened? I know something must have happened to make you smile about school of all things."